Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > North America > Land Rover Assistance - Problem w/ service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

WT

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White
Land Rover Assistance - Problem w/ service

Hi Folks,

Although I'm an avid reader of this forum over the past year, I think this may only be my second time posting Embarassed

I'm wondering if anyone has any contact information (ex: mail address, contact name, phone #s, email) for the North American division of Land Rover's customer service?

In a nutshell: My finance and I had just finished dinner at restaraunt, when we had trouble starting our Sport last night (not sure what the issue was/is - just kept cranking and engine wouldn't turn over), so we called LRA to get a tow to our local dealer. Tow arrived 2 hrs later, at which point it was about 10:00 pm. We discussed getting a ride to the dealership w/ the tow driver, as we didn't have a way home (we had attempted to contact some neighbors and fiends, but were unable to get ahold of anyone). Tow driver was fine letting us ride to the dealership, but could take us no further w/out Land Rover's permission. My fiance called and was basically told we could walk home.

The dealership is approx. 5 miles from our house, and in a somewhat remote area (at least at 10 at night); we certainly didn't want to be walking by ourselves on a lonely stretch of road by ourselves. As we were standing in the dealer lot pondering how to get home, my fiance again calls LRA and asks to speak to a supervisor. She wasn't transfered to a supervisor, but instead repeated our story, and stressed that she didn't feel safe, and what could they do? The service rep's replay was: "You've got to be f**king kidding me" and hung up. We did eventually get ahold of a neighbor who came to pick us up, and made it home safely.

My concerns with this are 1) LRA's inability to provide any reasonable solution and their use of profanity and 2) having no concern for their customer's safety. Number 1 I can live with, and almost expect, except for the use of foul language, but number 2 I can't let slide. To me, it's an absolute outrage that a customer is essentially "on their own" when an auto under warantee breaks down. In this case we were reasonably lucky, but what if:

- My fiance had been on her own
- she didn't have a cell phone, or it didn't work

Overall incredibly poor service and I'm trying to get in touch w/ LRA, if nothing more than to see if there's a way to prevent this in the future. I'm already doing the email - phone call - mailing letter route (to the "customer relationship center" address on LR's website) but I have a feeling these correspondences will end up in the circular file. Like I mentioned, I'd usually let less than ideal service slide, but this time I just can't... everyday there are opportunities to improve the world around us, and this one hits a bit too close to home for me. I don't expect too much from "customer service" when it comes to automobiles, but blatant disregard for a customer's wellbeing is beyond acceptable.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get to the "right" people I would greatly welcome the info.

Thanks All!

Post #165299 Mon Apr 14 2008 6:16pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Thats very p1$$ poor.

Only one way to go and that is to the top on this one. Set out exactly what happened, i.e. pen to paper and then fire it off to the addresses I have pm'd you, send a hard copy and also fax a copy across to Blighty.

Good luck, but in my experience LR are very good at putting things right, albeit this side of the pond.

Shocker. Evil or Very Mad L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #165364 Mon Apr 14 2008 10:19pm
WT

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Will - Thank you VERY much, got your pm and will definitely pursue that route.

No contact by customer service today, although didn't really expect a response in 24 hrs ... tomorrow letters will start to be mailed out.

Since I dislike posting only negative things, here's some positive stuff:

This morning we called customer service again and spoke to another shift supervisor. This supervisor pulled up the previous evenings' phone records, listened to what we had to say, and was in complete agreement with our reactions. She was equally shocked at the situation and what had transpired; she did say that although she wasn't the supervisor of the previous night's rep, she would speak with the rep's manager and that he would be reprimanded. She apologized profusely on Customer Services' behalf and offered that at a minimum they should have asked to call a taxi for us. Very pleasant and understanding - her actions went a long way to salvaging my view of LR cust service. So it appears that not all of the apples are rotten... there might be hope yet.

Other positive - still love the RR sport - absolutely great in every respect: iconic design is still fresh and a timeless classic, handling and peformance for 2+ ton vehicle is outstanding. I've always wanted a RR since my father had a 1995 loaner model, fresh from the New Jersey port, that he was helping to design the very first hands-free voice kits (those were dealer installed options back then). White with black leather - just like my mine. I saw one of those older models the other day, in prestine condition (coincidentally in white and black!) - it brought back good memories. I've had my share of great and fun autos, and can say that I'm planning on keeping a RR in the family for a long time.

Post #165389 Tue Apr 15 2008 3:15am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Glad to hear of the mostly happy ending. It was lucky that the operators themselves are able to pull up previous phone conversations to confirm what had been said. At least you got someone who was less of a Censored the second time round - if you find out what happened to Mr Customer Service, let us know Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #165470 Tue Apr 15 2008 1:31pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

NP, I wish you luck. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Let me know if you need any more pointers. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #165543 Tue Apr 15 2008 9:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1