RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Very short notice for Central Scotland event
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Very short notice for Central Scotland event

Sorry but I have just found out from SLROC that there is a Green Road Run tomorrow (13th April) starting from Killin, then to Glen Lochy to Kenknock, then north over the mountain tops to Glen Lyon, east to Bridge of Balgie, then south back to Killin. It is supposed to be all on public roads but seeing as many on the map are unclassified they could be a bit rough. I haven't got time to change over to the 19" so am going to risk it 20"

Start is at 1030/1100 from Killin, Bring warm clothes, wellies and food, oh and £5 to join in! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #164735 Sat Apr 12 2008 4:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 
Re: Very short notice for Central Scotland event

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I haven't got time to change over to the 19" so am going to risk it 20"

Shocked your a brave man

Post #164737 Sat Apr 12 2008 4:45pm
Tim in Scotland

I also have a Defender to bale out into if the courage isn't there tomorrow........................................ Rolling with laughter 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #164750 Sat Apr 12 2008 6:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Well this one is very very shiny car suitable and is entirely on public roads (albeit that they have some rather large potholes on them in places!) No off-roading at all other than parking off the single track roads for lunch and you can drive this nice circuit any time of the day or night although I would listen to the weather forecast for snow predictions in the winter as it climbs up very high and there are warning signs to the effect that snow can close the road. So what has it got to offer - not a lot really except staggering views on a sunny day like we had today which made the snow left on the higher peaks absolutely dazzling. So if you are coming up to Scotland in the summer and will be in the area of Killin or intend to climb Ben Lawers then this would be a nice afternoon diversion.
All the roads are single track and although I chickened out on seeing the fresh snow on the peaks this morning and took my 90, I would have been able to have taken the RRS over without worrying at all about damage to 20" wheels or tyres (provided you don't drive into pot holes at 70mph!) I mean it was so easy that we encountered the MX5 owners club out driving the same route, kinda makes doing the route in a Defender seem a bit overkill!

Anyway here are some pictures

If anybody is coming touring in Scotland and doesn't mind coming off the main through routes then this is a great alternative road if you aren't in a hurry and haven't got a caravan hooked on the back (single track roads in the Highlands and pikeys definitely don't mix well). OS Landranger Sheet 51 covers the area and if you have OS Maps on your laptop then the grid reference for Killin is NN570330. I would be happy to guide a group of Land Rovers round the area if there is enough interest 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #164920 Sun Apr 13 2008 4:11pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Very nice Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #164933 Sun Apr 13 2008 4:49pm
Tim in Scotland

Even better Josh, you would have to be doing something extremely silly to get anything other than the normal road damage Thumbs Up 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #164934 Sun Apr 13 2008 5:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1