RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > LATEST FOREST DRIVE LOCHGILPHEAD MARCH 29/30
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BASHER16

Scotland 
LATEST FOREST DRIVE LOCHGILPHEAD MARCH 29/30

Our usual format ,two choices. First choice for nicer vehicles and those who like to go home with all the parts they came with. Possibly an additional coating of gloop. Tracks are not difficult but some excellent routes will give you some real sence of achievment. Your worst scenario may be a few light branches brushing the vehicle . we do cut back regularly but these boogers grow back very quickly.
Second option is for the more adventurous, and yes we always add a few tracks to test both driver and vehicle, sometimes a bit too far going by the breakdowns on our last outing. Burnt out clutch, broken prop. burst tyre, Range rover on fire, a TD5 with a dead engine, apart from that the drive was pretty cool.
So the meet point is on the A83 heading toward Lochgilphead, once past the Lochgair Hotel the entry is on your right signs for approach and entry will be in place. Tim already has one real nice vehicle owner coming along so the Guide for this group will be on his best behaviour, he will plan his routes accordingly. Cost for the drive is £25.00 one day or £35.00 for both days.We will run a night drive if enough interest is shown, the night drive can be driven easily by any 4x4 .
Anyone needing any information of any kind can contact me on this site.

IAN

Post #158559 Thu Mar 06 2008 11:45pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

There are some nice pictures of some of our routes on your sister site at www.disco3.co.uk if you look at events and under the heading of forest drive you will find a few of the routes from the last outing. Jamie on one of the threads has poosted the pics on the page

Post #158561 Thu Mar 06 2008 11:55pm
BASHER16

Scotland 
HOW DID THE DRIVE IN LOCHGILPHEAD TURN OUT

Our shiny run only saw four vehicles turn up for one of the best offroad venues I feel Scotland has to offer. We do not do the usual round and round in circles but travel extensively through this huge area track to track. We had two Shoguns, a Landy 110, and a Range Rover. One of the chaps on our heavy duty brigade decided his 90 was more suited to the shinies and joined them in the afternoon. His tyres were not up to some of the routes we were driving.

No one had a mark on their nicer vehicles after the guide finished his shiny tour so everyone was delighted with their day of adventure. The drive took them over the mountaintop but the DREICH weather sadly obscured the superb views. Then the group took a switchback drive to see the manmade Trout leaps. A run through Ardcastle Woods which we also have access to is always a special drive this is the only route which is not truly off road but on Main Forest F1 gravel tracks. All of the shiny runs are on fairly rough ground but in no way damaging. There is always a dedicated off road track route but these are reserved only for the Nicer Vehicle drives my group are a bit to uncouth to be allowed on these tracks. These tracks on the drive keep the interest going so no one will think in any way this is some School Run off roading.

Post #163217 Wed Apr 02 2008 8:04pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I wish Ihad been there instead ofsitting in an airport lounge Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #163227 Wed Apr 02 2008 8:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BASHER16

Scotland 

Hi Tim Sorry if the report made you a bit homesick Embarassed No worries lots more drives on the cards Thumbs Up
As usual we had our trials on the BASHER runs, Yellow v8 Rangy blew his diff AGAIN Rolling Eyes Stumpy broke a driveshaft but in his defense he had ordered a new one which had not arrived in time so was running with a twisted Diff end spline Bow down
Next outing is planned for early May once clearance is arranged.Take care in that boat and try not to lose any containers as I am due in the North Sea end of May Thumbs Up

Post #163233 Wed Apr 02 2008 9:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1