Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Oddball SatNav reset.

===

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 11:37am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #16289 Tue Mar 07 2006 6:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

That does sound odd.
I was late for an appointment today, so had to hoon it there with only 12 miles showing on the range. Got there in and out and restarted the RRS and only 3 miles showing on the range, this quickly went down to 0 (forgot to take a snap though) and on fiddling with the sat nav i found the nearest petrol pump was by the exit for bham airport off the A45 Cov Road (2.8 miles) rolled it there and the range went back up to 7 and was showing at 5 when i rested in front of the diesel pump. When fiddling with the sat nav, i found the setting for 3-D..

Now i know i've had the car 7 months now and have covered 6,000 miles or there abouts, i still hadn't seen this setting. Find it looks much better then the 2D one and is more easier to follow! Gonna have another little play and see what other bits and bobs i can find!

Post #16306 Wed Mar 08 2006 12:59am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Something similar happened to me a while back. I was approaching my destination, when suddenly the nav screen went blank, rebooted with the Land Rover logo and went back to the "nag" screen. I touched Agree and was shown the correct present location and directions to destination, but the nav voice had changed from US to UK accent, and the time/ETA on the nav monitor was from the East Coast of the US (although it was correct on the LCD below.)

I eventually got to my destination - 3 hours late, according to the GPS system Wink - switched off the ignition, turned it back on and everything was back to normal, voice, time, whatever else was likely out of whack but I could not check while it happened. Land Rover gremlins hard at work. It has happened only once in 6+ months of ownership, so I have not even bothered telling my dealer.

Another gremlin that has happened to me a few times already: I am listening to Sat Radio (Sirius) and hit the AM band switch to check traffic conditions, but I get total silence. No matter how many AM presets I flip through, the AM band appears completely dead, until I press any other source button (FM, AUX, CD). Then I can go right back to AM and it works fine. 

Post #16311 Wed Mar 08 2006 1:30am
Roland

Switzerland 

kam100 wrote:
That does sound odd.
I When fiddling with the sat nav, i found the setting for 3-D..

Now i know i've had the car 7 months now and have covered 6,000 miles or there abouts, i still hadn't seen this setting. Find it looks much better then the 2D one and is more easier to follow! Gonna have another little play and see what other bits and bobs i can find!

I am intrigued that there is now a setting for 3-D view on your sat nav. Is this a new feature you're getting after a software upgrade?

Roland

Post #16314 Wed Mar 08 2006 6:21am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

No, its standard.

You can select 3D on either the main map or the side map independently.

Find the options button to seek it out.

For the side map just press on the map area to bring up list of options. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #16316 Wed Mar 08 2006 8:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1