RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > JE OR TC WHO HAS WHAT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Michael997

United Kingdom 
JE OR TC WHO HAS WHAT

If you have had your car chiped by JE or TC what are your views now which in your opinion would you recomend?
Both have been suggested to me but how to choose? Michael
2013 RRS diesel Autobiography Dynamic

Post #13406 Thu Feb 16 2006 10:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

The only advise i can offer as a tuner is to chq with both companys what tools they are using to flash the ecu.

And then ask both Does there method add a flash marker to the ecu?? (The marker can be detected by the dealer if they ever looked with there diagnostic tool T4 )

T4 test book does
Other serial systems and BDM does not.

So you realy need to decide the mothod you want it tuned by and why.

Regards bell

Post #13407 Thu Feb 16 2006 10:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
monkphish

bellautos wrote:
The only advise i can offer as a tuner is to chq with both companys what tools they are using to flash the ecu.

And then ask both Does there method add a flash marker to the ecu?? (The marker can be detected by the dealer if they ever looked with there diagnostic tool T4 )

T4 test book does
Other serial systems and BDM does not.

So you realy need to decide the mothod you want it tuned by and why.

Regards bell

RRsport and Disco 3 are are taken care of by the soon too be obsolete "WDS" not and "T4".
If you had ever used "WDS" you would know its pretty crappy and not well liked by dealer technicians, so where is this marker you talk of? and why would anyone care?

Post #13423 Fri Feb 17 2006 9:57am
bellautos

Yes as you say it is the wds not the t4 that does the rr and d3 , it was a slip of the tounge on my behalf.

Re the marker im simpley tyring to make the point of when people/members are asking can the dealer tell if there ecu has been remapped.

The answer is YES if the WDS has been used with tuned files to remapped the ecu. Look in program history

I personaly dont care about flash markers in the ecu ,but i do like to tell the story the way it is to the best of my knolage.
And when people ask me if the dealer can tell if its been tuned i tell the story the way it is

Post #13484 Fri Feb 17 2006 12:37pm
monkphish

bellautos wrote:
Yes as you say it is the wds not the t4 that does the rr and d3 , it was a slip of the tounge on my behalf.

Re the marker im simpley tyring to make the point of when people/members are asking can the dealer tell if there ecu has been remapped.

The answer is YES if the WDS has been used with tuned files to remapped the ecu. Look in program history

I personaly dont care about flash markers in the ecu ,but i do like to tell the story the way it is to the best of my knolage.
And when people ask me if the dealer can tell if its been tuned i tell the story the way it is

Still, thats no indication that the ecu had been tuned; only reprogramed by WDS.
There have been several software updates since launch and there should be another one in the next WDS release, ecu's are reprogramed by WDS all the time.

for the op, ive driven a chiped sport but i dont know who did it, sry Confused

Post #13533 Fri Feb 17 2006 3:40pm
bellautos

Well as far as i am aware my dealer whom im at nearley every day have not ever had a ecu software update for the TDV6 engines.

And even if yes they do flash TDV6 all the time my dealers have never had to and if they did the flash history will have some log in a warranty invoice so there for would be on record.
If a car has been flashed NON warranty with no paper work are they not surley going to think hay hang on a min we didnt do this ??

I may be wrong but i will conferm this the next time im there using T4 or WDS.

Regards bell

Post #13538 Fri Feb 17 2006 4:15pm
monkphish

guess its just me flashing all these ecu's then Confused

Post #13600 Fri Feb 17 2006 10:43pm
bellautos

monkphish wrote:
guess its just me flashing all these ecu's then Confused

monkphish who are you and where abouts do you come from ??

I noticed when you first posted in this thread you had only just joined the forum.

Im just curious as you say its just you flashing these.

Post #13623 Sat Feb 18 2006 8:02am
Josh

United Kingdom 

Well Chaps,
This thread is starting to get interesting again.
What is WDS? And when is the next one due? When we take our cars in for service do these updates get automatically flashed to the ecu or do we have to ask for it to be done?
How do we know if we have the latest one? TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #13625 Sat Feb 18 2006 9:19am
bellautos

WDS means Worldwide Diagnostic System.
A flash description for a web based information diganostic centre.

The next update will be out as soon as landrover , ford or jag feel the need to do so, they all use the WDS system.

If you take your car in for a service and there is a update on RR's for the engine ECU to have a remap/reflash for a particular problem there having they MAY do it when your car is there.

Some dealers when updates are out only do this type of reflash if the customer reports a fault of some kind. And some of them in seem to fit a new ecu or reflash every time there is a fault because it is the fastest answer to there particular problem at the time,
Just like on the TD5's there is 1000's of mems3 ecus been fitted at dealers when there has been no need.
so i personaly think it is down to the dealers who does your work weather it gets done on time or even at all, if ever needed.

Regarding the latest update you will know about it when and if your car needs it as the dealer will probabaly have a recall of cars affected with the particular problem and state the reason they need it back.

Hope this info helps you see the light a bit more

Regards bell

Post #13644 Sat Feb 18 2006 4:00pm
chex

so does that mean if you get your car chipped theres a chance a dealer will change it back to stock if there is a fault?

Post #16138 Mon Mar 06 2006 11:40pm
bellautos

chex wrote:
so does that mean if you get your car chipped theres a chance a dealer will change it back to stock if there is a fault?

Yes there is a chance the dealer can flash OVER the tuned files loaded on the ecu, this is the chance people have to take.

Most tuning companys will if needed re tune the car for free if this was ever to happen.

I have had the same thing happen to one of my customers on a renault megane rs225, the customer had some dealer warranty work done and for some reason they decided to reflash the ecu Sad

Post #16139 Mon Mar 06 2006 11:50pm
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

Chaps,

Can we all stop worrying....tuners have been 'flashing' cars for years and it is highly unlikely that a dealer will ever find the upgrade.....we here a TC actually update an ecu with the lastest version of LR 'base' software before we apply our TC tuning.

I tuned a RRS yesterday which was 3 days old but had 4 month old software in the ecu....figure that one out!!!....when I left the car it had the TC with the lastest LR 'patch' updated software too Wink Chips with everything

Post #16155 Tue Mar 07 2006 6:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1