RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Fuel Consumption on TDv6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Fuel Consumption on TDv6

I must admit to enjoying the performance my TDv6 has compared to the TD6RR I was running. But the fuel economy doesn't seem to be suffering as a result of a few leaden right foot sessions either!
I have just driven a 400 mile round trip on just over a 1/2 tank (53 litres) of diesel..... the route was Home, via Glasgow city centre, M8, M74/A74/M6 to Carlisle, then cross country from Carlisle to Newcastle and on to Beamish (including getting a bit lost in the Beamish area and going round in cirlces trying to find a place not in the satnav! andmost of the way back to home on a slightly different route, coming up to Stirling tonight. Upto refueling at Cumernauld (diesel there is 4p a litre less expensive and is Shell Optimax, than anywhere else in this area) and averaged just over 29mpg. From Cumbernauld to home is 40 miles and is nearly all motorway or very good A roads and the trip computer managed to get up to 33.7mpg for that section! I use the cruise control as much as possble, but also enjoy a little blast as well (I have found 100mph = almost 2800 rpm in 6th). Have now got 1600 miles up and I will be VERY happy if the consumption can continue like this! I will run the figures through my excel spreadsheet and see what that comes out with, usually it is a little less economical once the figures have been worked out rather than the trip computer flogging it up!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Jul 04 2005 8:41pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #777 Sun Jul 03 2005 9:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Roland

Switzerland 

Those are impressive figures with only 1600 miles on the odometer. Once the engine is fully run in these figures might even improve a little bit.

A lot of Disco 3 diesel drivers are not that happy with their car's fuel economy. So it has to be the RRS' better aerodynamics and maybe a slightly different ECU setup which makes all that difference.

Good news indeed!

Roland

Post #778 Mon Jul 04 2005 4:45am
Simon

United Kingdom 

Managed 25.3mpg on a 300 mile trip on Saturday, but then it is the 4.4 Laughing Seems to have settles around 21mpg for mixed usage after nearly 3000 miles. First half litre of oil added as well.

Post #790 Mon Jul 04 2005 3:14pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

blimey, these are unheard of figures. try taking a supercharged along a few well known b roads in sport mode and you will soon see some rather lower figures !!

i hope there are no greenpeace demonstrators reading this or i will be in trouble Very Happy

averaging about 15 ish but haven't looked to far into it. just enjoying the impressive performance.

classic pickup feels really compact now, and sounds better !!

Post #807 Mon Jul 04 2005 8:26pm
Biggles

England 

2.7 TDV6.

Average consumption on a 162 mile motorway and A roads, round trip 24.1 mpg, the mpg is rising the more the car free's up.
Done just over 550 miles since new. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1111 Fri Jul 22 2005 12:38pm
HansNL

Netherlands 

Biggles , 24.1 mpg is how many liter per km ?

Post #1116 Fri Jul 22 2005 5:06pm
Biggles

England 

HansNL,

This works out to 11.6 Litres per 100 km. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1134 Sat Jul 23 2005 10:09am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
TDV6 fuel consumption

We've just got back from driving around Devon & Cornwall for a week and the long treck along the M4 and M5. After using three tanks of diesel, our average fuel consumption was 25.2mpg. This was worked out on Excel, not using the in-car display. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1138 Sat Jul 23 2005 6:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I have just bought diesel at 99.9pence a litre which does start me questioning my sanity for ordering a RRS TDv6 (to go with the wife's Disco 3). The Disco is a great car but the "fly in the ointment" is definiely its fuel consumption which stubbornly stays at 22. something throughout. It is an auto. The manual vehicles seem to get around 30mpg on average so obviously the smoothness and ease of an auto comes with a substantial fuel penalty Mad Please tell me the RRS TDv6 will better 22. something ! Especially now that some of you will have clocked up quite a good mileage on your vehicles so current fuel usage is probably reached the long term level. Do I hear 27 mpg anywhere ????

Post #1564 Thu Aug 11 2005 10:54pm
Biggles

England 

Smaricus,

1653 miles on the clocks and fuel average on dash this am 25.6 mpg and climbing all the time, started off in the 21.5 mpg area when new.
All modes of acceleretion used from heavy and light motorways to city traffic.
Hope this helps. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1569 Fri Aug 12 2005 7:22am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Our car has now done 4,500 miles and it is averaging 25.5mpg per tank. I'm hoping it will improve over time. My van (VW Transporter T5 175ps diesel) got much better when it had done over 10,000 miles and is now doing around 5mpg more than it did when new. Let's hope the RRS sees this sort of improvements. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1574 Fri Aug 12 2005 8:12am
MDP

United Kingdom 

I'm waiting for my RRS Supercharged ( aprox 3rd week sept ) ... will I need to have a Petrol Tanker follow me on each journey... Joking apart I think I will actually get better fuel consumption from the sport than I have from my Audi S4 ( 4.2v8 ) which has returned a colossus 17.8

I think in the future when people by a car they will be able to finance a car for a set term including fuel & insurance. ie. £400p/m would get you a Skoda ..... £600p/m = mondeo ... £900p/m = xtype..... £1400 = Mercedes.... £1800 p/m a LandRover Shocked

Who knows......... Question But I think in the long term it's the way it is going Sad 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #1579 Fri Aug 12 2005 8:49am
Biggles

England 

On the topic of fuel consumption,
Im always amazed at when people say "is that all it does to the gallon".
People often think that because I drive a diesel I will get very good fuel mpg. I often I go to great lengths to explain that what I drive is my choice and that it is a heavy car and when you consuder it has what is essentialy two gearboxes running (the transfer box) four wheels then it will never be in the top ten for fuel consumption.
I love what I drive and for the few times I need the added ability of low range then it is worth the sacrifice of all the extra fuel it may use. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1584 Fri Aug 12 2005 9:03am
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
fuel

smarticus.
keep the acceleration easy and you should get good results, on M1 yesterday, traffic etc but speed between 65/70 gave on screen as much as 33,3 mpg, but putting the pedal to the metal dropped it down to 24.

Post #1611 Fri Aug 12 2005 7:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1