RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Just installed the upgraded supercharger pulley WOW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Speedinnovation

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Just installed the upgraded supercharger pulley WOW

I just finished installing our new power pulley for the range rover sport superchared its night and day difference on power

The car is much quicker off of launch and went doing full throttle the truck keeps pulling like an ape. the entire power band is just so different
in park hitting the pedal the engine spins quickly without hesitation at part throttle its amazing car just pulls so agressively. It has increased throttle response by more than 20%

All we need to do is finish up the software and really add some aggression 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Speedinnovation Custom upgraded supercharger pulley,exhaust, tv mod,smoked lights, smoked side markers, 23" rinspeed wheels, 315 tires all the way around, arden kit
2003 996 Porsche Full gt3 specs custom cams,carpc,techart springs,techart shifter,4 point rollcage,19" work vsxx 315 tire on rear, custom engine software
2003 BMW 330 CI, h7R springs,18" sport wheels,clear markers, custom engine software
Arriving in 6 weeks is my new baby
2007 CLS63 AMG

Post #15685 Sat Mar 04 2006 6:12am
Speedinnovation

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Speedinnovation Custom upgraded supercharger pulley,exhaust, tv mod,smoked lights, smoked side markers, 23" rinspeed wheels, 315 tires all the way around, arden kit
2003 996 Porsche Full gt3 specs custom cams,carpc,techart springs,techart shifter,4 point rollcage,19" work vsxx 315 tire on rear, custom engine software
2003 BMW 330 CI, h7R springs,18" sport wheels,clear markers, custom engine software
2007 CLS63 AMG

Post #15686 Sat Mar 04 2006 6:17am
vip-culture.com

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

nice...were you able to get a baseline of your RRS before you did this? I'd be curious to see how much of a gain you got.

and i like the analogy of "pulls like an ape" my buddy once called his home brew of race fuel and how his car reacted to this concoction as "it drove like a raped ape" www.vip-culture.com | 06 RRS HSE | 06 Odyssey Touring

Post #15689 Sat Mar 04 2006 8:14am
avus

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

nice!
what size underdrive pulley are you using? are you planning on dyno'ing it soon?
keep us updated, plz

Post #15690 Sat Mar 04 2006 8:18am
Speedinnovation

Right now we are trying to finish up the software so we can do a dyno another issue is that we need a dynapack or a 4 wheel dyno as the rrs is all wheel drive do you guys know if we can unlock so its only rear wheel drive I have tried to figure this out on the 4x4 screen but cant get it to work

Yea we made the pulley as small as possible the supercharger is running 12.5 psi now!!!

pulls like an ape seriously not kidding took it out again this weekend and a 350z thought he was going to get to cut me off as we were at a signal I took off on the green and left him as he tried to pull off the green light as well but he quickly realized that he hade no chance at getting in front...

hahhahahha

we will see how testing goes this week as its supposed to rain and we have alot of cars that we need to finish custom software on 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Speedinnovation Custom upgraded supercharger pulley,exhaust, tv mod,smoked lights, smoked side markers, 23" rinspeed wheels, 315 tires all the way around, arden kit
2007 CLS63 AMG

Post #16083 Mon Mar 06 2006 5:49pm
grommet

United States 

It's full time AWD and you have no manual control... you can't make it rear wheel only. It does frighten me a bit you are working on this car, including "custom software", and you don't know that. Cool

Please post real numbers when you get them.

I also see you posted this thread in the Europe specifc forum? Now I'm very confused... [now moved by moderator - yay]

Last edited by grommet on Mon Mar 06 2006 10:03pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #16103 Mon Mar 06 2006 6:53pm
Slykmr

United States 
Sounds awesome

Whats the details on the pulley and the install? Did you use a pulley removal tool? or just wrench it? Also post some pics of your 23's please. I would love to see how the fitment is. Thanks!

Post #16124 Mon Mar 06 2006 9:28pm
rrmad

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I am surprised you have found such an improvement although we have gone a slightly different route to produce 14 psi the actual bhp gain is only about 35bhp ( we had it on 4 wheel dyno as standard and with changes). We are busy on the rolling road with the programming - then there will be a big difference.

Post #16131 Mon Mar 06 2006 10:55pm
noddy and bigears

England 

rrmad wrote:
I am surprised you have found such an improvement although we have gone a slightly different route to produce 14 psi the actual bhp gain is only about 35bhp ( we had it on 4 wheel dyno as standard and with changes). We are busy on the rolling road with the programming - then there will be a big difference.
theres a suprise nothing good to say but question others at least they are not afraid to come on here as who they are ie names and profiles etc Exclamation so whos the royal WE Question or is it a bit secret squriell orare you just a a wanabe teaboy come on come clean Confused

Post #16134 Mon Mar 06 2006 11:26pm
Eurotoys Ltd

United States 

I hope that you price it well, my pulley is inexpensive: Wink

http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=39_155_260_349

My Pulley is also the smallest that you can go, since the Blower housing goes inside the pulley. B.T.W. Eurotoys was the first Company to have this small upper pulley for the Jaguar 4.0L, then the Jaguar 4.2L and now the RR & RRS.

I have noticed that their is a kit on Ebay that includes a Tensioner, Belt, Remover tool, Installer tool for about 2.3K USD. All of that is alot of stuff that you do not need Rolling Eyes and for a lot of money.

Mike
Eurotoys Ltd. 

Post #16143 Tue Mar 07 2006 2:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Speedinnovation

Well this one is for grommet why would it scare you that we are doing custom software for RRS

Why wouldnt we www.speedinnovation.com

We are hardware and software engineers
"SpeedInnovation" hence the name

I cant tell you exactly what we are doing but there is an extent where you cannot make the upper pulley any smaller without turning down the eatons nose ( we wouldnt do that anyway ) however we have found another way to add plenty of boost but we are currently designing a few new parts that are key to longevity and plenty of fun 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Speedinnovation Custom upgraded supercharger pulley,exhaust, tv mod,smoked lights, smoked side markers, 23" rinspeed wheels, 315 tires all the way around, arden kit
2007 CLS63 AMG

Post #16151 Tue Mar 07 2006 6:40am
Speedinnovation

as far as eurotoys you can take the advice either way but hopefully you take it positive. I know all about your hardware

business out there sell products for example

honda civic 20,000 new

Range Rover Sport Supercharged 76,000 new

theres a big difference in price but theres one that has obviously better quality and engineering in it

so honestly guys would you risk the engineering for the price or would you sacrifice price for engineering on your 76,000 RRS

Thats the response I give you regarding your pulley

and as a last note we didnt claim to be the first to make a pulley for the RRS we make the second pulley but better Surprised 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Speedinnovation Custom upgraded supercharger pulley,exhaust, tv mod,smoked lights, smoked side markers, 23" rinspeed wheels, 315 tires all the way around, arden kit
2007 CLS63 AMG

Post #16152 Tue Mar 07 2006 6:54am
Eurotoys Ltd

United States 

It does not really matter to me what the RRS costs, in the end the Upgrade is just a small Steel Pulley. Not much to make different unless you make it out of Titanium.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Post #16154 Tue Mar 07 2006 7:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Speedinnovation

This my RRS on 23" Rinspeed Wheels 315 tires all the way around will get some daytime pics 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Speedinnovation Custom upgraded supercharger pulley,exhaust, tv mod,smoked lights, smoked side markers, 23" rinspeed wheels, 315 tires all the way around, arden kit
2007 CLS63 AMG

Post #16460 Wed Mar 08 2006 8:55pm
Eurotoys Ltd

United States 

Speedinnovation wrote:

This my RRS on 23" Rinspeed Wheels 315 tires all the way around will get some daytime pics

Looks very nice! Very Happy

Mike

Post #16462 Wed Mar 08 2006 9:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>