RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Have you ever heard of such a thing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Have you ever heard of such a thing

I went to my dealer the other day to order a fully loaded supercharged sport. I tell him what I want he puts it down on the order form and turns it in. I ask him when should I expect the car he says in 3-4 months I was like ok and so how much will it cost. He told me that he won't know the exact price because he doesn't know what options the car will come with. I told him I just gave you all the options I want why wouldn't it come with those. He says sometimes we don't get the specific car you order the factory sends us what they can provide us. What is up with that? I ordered a car, why won't they build it the way I want it. Why do they even have the options if they don't know if they can get it. I just think its pathetic that I have to wait 4 months and I am not guarenteed to get the car I ordered. Now I have to go look at other dealerships around the country to find my car and then ship it to me. I find this totally absurd.

Post #1567 Fri Aug 12 2005 12:34am
Biggles

England 

djsaad1,
In the UK the superchrged comes fully loaded bar the sunroof, dvd entertainment system and rear diff lock.
What do you not get as standard in the states Question .

Not all markets get the same spec as standard it would be a good idea to get the ball rolling on a topic that lists all the different specs per country to see what can and can't be orderd around the world. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1573 Fri Aug 12 2005 7:42am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Here in th UK there are plenty of Supercharged cars in stock at dealers & even more normally aspirated 4.4's..... it's the diesel thats got the huge waiting list. You may come unstuck if you are not flexible on colour/spek but I still think here you could find the top spek car in your choice and most uk dealers will offer to deliver anywhere in the UK.

I would get the list of USA dealers and painstakingly phone each one to see what they have in stock. Dont be affraid to deal at a distance... Good Luck Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #1583 Fri Aug 12 2005 9:01am
grommet

United States 

The region/country specific Land Rover sites do a somewhat decent job at showing you the specifications and "what can be ordered." Keeping an accurate topic documenting all regional differences as time goes on would be, well, a huge pain.

djsaad1, it is true that many dealers in North America don't always get what they order/want in a timely fashion... they are often at the mercy of Land Rover.

Post #1585 Fri Aug 12 2005 9:10am
mnederlof

United States 
US SC models

While it sounds like a hassle, I don't think you're going to have to call that much. The US SC models are also ordered with virtually all options, including sunroof. The only optional items are phone and DVD rear entertainment. US SC models don't have the adaptive cruise control or the power side mirrors, among some other regional differences.

If you phone a handful of dealers, you'll likely find exactly what you're looking for. I went into my local LR dealership a month ago in order to have my 05 RR serviced, and they had a silver SC on the showroom floor, loaded & with the rear entertainment system (not something I would have spec'd), available for sale. I was in love. Then I test drove it, and I couldn't resist.

That turned out to be the most expensive RR oil change I've ever experienced. 3 hours later, I'm driving off in my new RRS SC after trading in the RR.

It sure beats ordering and waiting. So I got stuffed with the DVD system...my kids are pretty happy about that.

Good luck in your search/order....either way you're going to love your car. I spoke with the Milford, CT LR dealer manager, and he was delivering another SC loaded car this week...he's getting them in and they're selling quickly, but they're not already spoken for when they arrive. Multiply that by a few dealerships and you're bound to find your color. Also, since both phone and DVD system can be installed (phone is fairly easy, the DVD system is likely after market), you'll increase your odds.

Maarten 2006 RRS SC
2006 RR HSE

Post #1587 Fri Aug 12 2005 10:59am
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

The dealer fit phone is not the same as the factory fit. It's Bluetooth only and will not bring up phone book, or be voice activated, or dial from keypad on dash.

I nearly fell for that one when I ordered mine.

Post #1589 Fri Aug 12 2005 11:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
djsaad1

A fully loaded supercharged here in the states comes with the satalite radio rear diff lock bluetooth phone rear dvd entertainment and adaptive cruise control. I have seen some of these at other dealers around the country but I would just feel better if I can order the car from my dealer here. I just don't understand why they can't place an order in the factory for the exact car I want. He didn't say it would take longer he just said it doesn't seem like we will be able to get it. Then when I tell him I am going to have to order it from a different dealer if he cant get, he gets dissapointed. I mean what am I supposed to do? This is the car I want and I know its out there, if you cant get it I need to go somewhere else.

Post #1592 Fri Aug 12 2005 1:39pm
djsaad1

a little update my dealer just called and told me that he will know for sure if he can get the car or not by the 23 of august. At least now I don't have to wait 4 months before I know.

Post #1596 Fri Aug 12 2005 2:20pm
grommet

United States 

Probably just waiting for the next order call. They did tell you they can't just submit "orders" to LR on every day of the month, right? Often there are limitations of what they can specify.

Post #1598 Fri Aug 12 2005 2:58pm
Biggles

England 

grommet wrote:
Probably just waiting for the next order call. They did tell you they can't just "order" any day of the month, right? Often there are limitations of what they can even order.

Grommet,

I am always amazed, at the amount of info you posess. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1599 Fri Aug 12 2005 3:01pm
djsaad1

No I understand that they have order calls. But why is it that they have limitations on what they can order? They have a buyer waiting to pay them for the car, why won't the factory send them a car to spec? It's not like they are asking for it just to keep on the floor.

Post #1600 Fri Aug 12 2005 3:17pm
grommet

United States 

Remember, North America isn't the only place vehicles go. Smile Things can change due to regional needs, supplier issues, build capacity, etc.

Post #1603 Fri Aug 12 2005 3:32pm
djsaad1

I understand build capacity, but why is it that I can go to houston which is about 160 miles away from me or dallas which is 200 miles away from me and be guarenteed the car i want in 4 months. I just don't understand why the factory picks and choses who they want to supply the car to.

Post #1604 Fri Aug 12 2005 3:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1