Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Advice to a New Buyer - Please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Blackheathen

Australia 
Advice to a New Buyer - Please

Hi,
I am considering a new RRS TDV8. Cool Looked at the TDV6 18 months ago, but it didn't have enough power (for me). Sad Tow horse floats as part of my relaxation. So bought a Touareg V10 Shocked after looking at the Merc and BMW. I know - not a real 4x4, but nice to drive and VERY powerful. Be interesting to see it against the RRS V8/SC at the lights! Exclamation
But now, soon time for a new car, so with the TDV8, I think the RRS is the goer. Thumbs Up
Seems the RRS has the same tyre 'eating' problem as most of the comparative cars (Touareg, Merc, BMW) so I am expecting 20-25k from the front tyres. I expect the front brakes are expensive to service as the Treg - $2k or so.
I would also like the sat nav, Rear seat entertainment and active cruise control.
So - what is the experience with the TDV8 and the RRS in Aus? Dealers? (See some people have had seriously bad experiences!)
I guess I am interested in what people perceive as the bad points (I can tell you all the Treg ones, starting with the 'spare' tyre!!!!! Censored ) so I can go in with my eyes open.
For example - the Treg didn't come with a reverse camera, so I bought one from VW Euro and fitted it myself - makes hitching a float a breeze! Does the RRS have a reverse camera? What is the experience with the sat nav (Tregs is cr.p!) What about the Rear Seat Entertainment (none for the Treg and I need to keep the kids busy!) Is the active cruise control any good (I'm lazy on the freeway!). How well does it tow? (I tow 2500kg).
Thanks for your thoughts - and hopefully I can soon claim to be a Rangie owner. Mr. Green
BH

Post #159156 Tue Mar 11 2008 12:08pm
mp3madness

Having just gone through the process of sourcing an 08 I dabbled with brokers and dealers and in the end went with Southside Landrover in Qld they are excellent and very accomodating (I have changed my colour choice mid order and it wasnt a problem at all) give Trent a call one of the best sales guys I have dealt with. They have a shipment coming in either this week or next and I do believe he mentioned a few TDV8's were onboard.

Post #159192 Tue Mar 11 2008 3:54pm
Steve

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I agree with MP3 as I also bought mine from Southside Landrover. As for tire wear I cannot coment yet as I have only done 3000km in 2 months and so a way to go yet before I can say. The TDV8 does not come with the rear seat entertainment or reversing camera as standard and so it would need to be a special order and will take 10-12 weeks. Same goes for the active cruise control.

To date I have only had a starter motor replaced but it was not something that stopped the car from going just a sticky solenoid and so I have no complaints to date. The Sat Nav is far better then the 545i BMW I had before. I would probably go with a Parrot Bluetooth though as the RRS bluetooth is not very useable and not being able to use the address book is a pain. You can certainly make calls via the handset and recieve them through the car but it is certainly not what they tell you when you go to buy the car.

Other than that the car is hoot to drive and plenty of power on tap, not that I have towed anything with it but I am certain it will tow very nicely. Steve

Post #159218 Tue Mar 11 2008 6:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1