RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Off Road Event
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BN

England 
Off Road Event

If anyone would like to try their car off road in safe non damaging conditions and with very experienced instructors on hand, let me know. I am running a day for the D3 guys and it has been booked fully from the start, even Martin our illustrious web master is attending. Not only that, I have managed to get a friend of mine along to give a talk, Ed Cobley the European 4x4 Champion for the last 8 years.The price is very very good I think you will find, but I am not putting it on the site, only giving it to seriously interested parties. It is a non profit fun day.

Please PM me if interested as I do not keep up with all the mails here, too many, would interefer with my principle of working 1 whole day a month Very Happy

If the interest is there, I will supply the location and venue with a date that suits you.

Alternatively, contact Martin he will be able to assist.

Post #1308 Sat Jul 30 2005 5:19pm
BN

England 
What a great success

Well gentlemen, the D3 guys and families had a great day and proved just what the D3 can do. It was a shame, that non of you cared to join us, because I think you would have been impressed with your RRS also.

Please take a look at the links below and view some of the participants pictures.

http://disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=81
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=868

Maybe you would care to join us next time Very Happy

Post #1518 Wed Aug 10 2005 9:43am
Biggles

England 

BN,
Looks like you all had good fun out in the wilds.
Have followed the day out from inception to finish good to see the photos being posted and would love to see the video Slimer has taken.
You seem to have quite a good community going over on DISCO3.CO.UK.
You never know one day one of us sporty types may come out to play with all those disco 3 types. 10forcash might even have his D3 by then.
It would be fun, I am looking out all the time for your next day out and if it does not clash with work and golf and her indoors, then maybe just maybe, I will turn up one day. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1520 Wed Aug 10 2005 10:04am
BN

England 

Biggles, I hope you will as I think you are the only guy prepared to enjoy the full benefits of the RRS.

I am also concerned of the support the RRS site is actually getting. D3 has grown, slowly but steadily where as RRS has stuck a little at 77.

I would like Martin to intigrate RRS into D3, but that may kill it all together. I am hoping to get to Rockingham this week to take the RRS over the same track as we did on Sunday with some pictures to show it can be done with ease, fun and no damage.

Keep in touch please and do join us as our group is nearly a fun club now, not just a site. The dark horse by the way was RLD. He is actually a professional and has been for about 25 years, but he fully enjoyed Sunday.

Post #1523 Wed Aug 10 2005 10:32am
Biggles

England 

Dont think the integration idea is any good.

77 Members as of August 2005, not bad in my eyes considering how long the site has been up and running and also considering how long the RRS has been out on the roads.
Also I think if you asked martin (web god) he would agree that Disco3 was slow to take of. It does take time and in the words of the film. If you build it they will come.
The sport will grow in popularity I have no doubt about that.
Also when you look around the web at sport forums I am impressed at how few faults seem to have developed compared to the D3 when released.
Many people only go looking for web sites to cure problems not just to talk about the shiny new car that they would rather than spend time driving. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1524 Wed Aug 10 2005 10:43am
BN

England 

Biggles wrote:
Dont think the integration idea is any good.

77 Members as of August 2005, not bad in my eyes considering how long the site has been up and running and also considering how long the RRS has been out on the roads.
Also I think if you asked martin (web god) he would agree that Disco3 was slow to take of. It does take time and in the words of the film. If you build it they will come.
The sport will grow in popularity I have no doubt about that.
Also when you look around the web at sport forums I am impressed at how few faults seem to have developed compared to the D3 when released.
Many people only go looking for web sites to cure problems not just to talk about the shiny new car that they would rather than spend time driving.

Biggles agree with all but the reason for looking for the site. I found D3 because of interest simply as that. I think many did for that reason according to my little poll I ran.

Post #1526 Wed Aug 10 2005 12:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1