RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > First Service by Stratstone Mayfair (Grays Inn Road EC1)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

XUJG

First Service by Stratstone Mayfair (Grays Inn Road EC1)

My RRS is just a year old and early December Stratstone called me to ask if I wanted them to book me in for the first service.

I should say at this point that when I purchased the car I posted on this forum, my complete satisfaction of the service I had from Stratstone Mayfair!

When I purchased the vehicle I was told that their labour cost for servicing was a little higher than average as it was in London so when I was called, I asked how much the service would be and was quoted £325. I asked what that included and was told everything apart from the Air Con refresh which was an extra £35. As the car has only done 6500 miles I declined the offer of the Air Con refresh.

I also had experienced a problem with the Bluetooth staying logged on after switching off the ignition and removing the phone battery, resulting in the sat nav and radio screen staying lit and refusing to switch to radio, CD or turn off. On one occasion this resulted in a flat battery and the need to call Range Rover Assist. I therefore asked if they could update the Bluetooth software at the service and was told this would be done at no additional cost as it would be under warranty/within the service. I have to say I was surprised as I had read here that there was a charge and in fact was prepared to pay if reasonable.

I therefore booked the car in and asked if they could also look at a horible graunching noise coming from the front suspension area when on full lock and bumping off a very shallow edge to my drive.

The car was booked in for the 13th December.

On the 11th I was called and advised that as there were still cars in the workshop from the previous Friday! would it therefore be possible to move the service until after Christmas, no problem I said as long as it wouldnt effect the warranty and booked it in for today the 3rd Jan.

I arrived at 8:30am and the young lady had the detail of my additional items but said the Bluetooth upgrade would be £120 - I explained why I needed it as above but said I wouldnt pay £120 for what seems to be a fault and asked if they could look at it under warranty as otherwise the Bluetooth works fine.

I was asked when I wanted the car back and I said as early as possible to which the reply was, do you need it back today! a little worried I went on my way.

Around 1pm I got a call to say the service was complete but surprize, surprize they were unable to find any fault with either the Bluetooth or the suspension.

I had forgotton to ask if there were any upgrades in wiper blades available as the current ones judder badly and I thought I had read here that there were new blades. I was told they had never heard of such a problem and no alternatives were available.

Returned to collect the car and discuss in a little more detail the Bluetooth and suspension problems I was presented with the bill to check.
Remember I was quoted £325 with everything included. The bill was £518. Shocked Censored
Broken Down as follows:-
£261+Vat - 12 month / 15000 mile service
£9.36 +vat - Element - Oil Cooler
£107.55 + Vat - GTX 5/30
£7.00+Vat - Screenwash
£3.05+Vat - Plug - Oil Drain
£7.50+Vat - Oil Lubricant - UN1950
£28.50+Vat - Pollen Filter Quickco
£5.00+Vat - Service Lubricant pack (consisting of 2 Handwipes - 2 paper dipstick wipes (free from macDonalds) 2 cardboard funnels and 2 disposable gloves (free at any garage)
£11.95+Vat - 1ltr Top up Oil

Needless to say I was not at all amused. Even more worrying when I said I was quoted £325 the young lady went to see her manager who to took a brief look at it and said it was quoted by their call centre and they would amend the bill to £325.

I didnt bother discussing the other two faults as I will not be going back to Stratstone Mayfair Service Centre as though I have not paid £518 I feel bad at needing to refuse to pay it.
I was told by the manager that £325 was too low for a first service cost anywhere but as the call centre had quoted they would honour it.

Be very aware if you are using this service centre and get a quote and double check when you arive with the car.

I will be looking for a new dealer to service my vehicle in future.

Regards
John Evil or Very Mad

Post #150345 Thu Jan 03 2008 4:26pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

John thanks for that. As with all these things it's always important to get the name of the people you talk to and even an email from them before any work begins. A good story - thanks. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #150346 Thu Jan 03 2008 4:43pm
XUJG

Thanks VA
I hadnt though for one minute the guy calling me was from a call centre otherwise i would have taken some kind of reference and name. I just thought it was an efficiend dealer, I might have known.
One good point. Having charged £5+vat for what must be Castrol complimentary items I am very surprized they have not charged for the vallet!!

Post #150362 Thu Jan 03 2008 5:51pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Both me and a friend of mine have had similar run-in's with this dealer. I wouldn't touch them (or their so-called bodyshop) with a bargepole. Sorry to hear of this John, but good to publicise it. I'll copy this into the Dealer Feedback section for completeness. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #150401 Fri Jan 04 2008 9:06am
XUJG

Thanks Shmoogle for your help
I have to say I am dissapointed as I had great hopes after my experience buying the vehicle against a great deal of negative feedback hear.
One thing I forgot to add was that my washer bottle was almost full and it still cost £7+Vat to fill up.
Thats two dealers off my Christmas card list!!

Post #150407 Fri Jan 04 2008 9:27am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

My fear is with a dealer like Stratstone Mayfair is that they get too many loaded customers who do all of 5000 miles per year at 10mph top speed and don't car what things cost because many cars will be company ones. The only warranty issues they come across is a broken vanity mirror light so anything more technical causes a problem. It would be interesting to know how many loyal customers they have.

I have no evidence that this is the case with this dealer and these are only my unfounded opinions. (legal stuff!) 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #150408 Fri Jan 04 2008 9:36am
XUJG

Hi VA
Interestingly there was a guy in the office at the time who was booking in a Jag for some bodywork. Very often in there by the way he was speaking to the manager. As I was waiting for my car to come out of the workshop the manager said "that is a nice guy nothing is ever a problem to him"
I think this was for my benefit.

I am afraid £200 come in quite usefull to me as I am not loaded.

Post #150415 Fri Jan 04 2008 9:47am
Lookers Park Royal

You've a PM! Wink

Post #150540 Fri Jan 04 2008 9:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

the graunching noise on full lock. Is the car in access mode?
I get this noise too, but only when in access - dealer said its because so little ground clearance in this mode, that in full lock you get a lot of rubbing etc. WOuld be interested to know if you got the same line!

Post #150564 Sat Jan 05 2008 10:11am
Texstar

United Kingdom 

bermyandy, they are talking a load of c Censored p, graunching noise in access on full lock means you, (or your butler) need to dab a bit of grease on the steering stops on the front wishbones (front and back). This topic is covered well on the Disco3.co.uk forum. RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #150568 Sat Jan 05 2008 12:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1