RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > North America > LOOKING TO BUY A RANGE ROVER SPORT!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PRRSportB

LOOKING TO BUY A RANGE ROVER SPORT!

Hi guys, first time poster here....please bear with me...
I live in California and recently test drove a Range Rover Sport to replace my ancient '95 4runner...fell in love with it immediately. However, it is priced a lil higher than I wished for. As a result, I went into research mode and looked for any ways to purchase a Sport at lower costs.
That's when I stumbled upon the land-rover-deals.com and I noticed that they were selling a "2007 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 S" that was not offered in the US. Am I able to import this car to the US?
I tried posting in other Land Rover forums, and someone replied saying that this was not possible.
I would definitely look into purchasing such a vehicle considering the costs, gas savings, and customize-ability.
Please help me out a I am REALLY hoping to purchase this car!

Novice Range Rover Sport fan

BTW, what does "chipped" mean?

Post #109373 Thu May 17 2007 10:26pm
CASANOVA

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zermatt Silver

As far as I know they are not offererd in North America, emission issue specially in California.I would have gottten a diesel if it is available. Anyway, if you able to import it let us know. Good luck on your research. "DESTINY IS NOT A MATTER OF CHANCE ITS A MATTER OF CHOICE"

Post #110341 Wed May 23 2007 4:51am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you are going to import a diesel to the USA then go the whole hog and import a TDV8, you will convert soooooooooo many people from gas to diesel your will become a good friend of LR! Supercharged performance and tdv6 "economy" (25 imperial mpg!
However for the time being I think you might find that it isn't easy to find the Low Sulpher diesel that both tdv6 and tdv8 need. The last time I read anything about ULSD in the States there were only something like 2000 filling stations stocking it. The UK magazine Autocar recently tried to drive a Merc E300 Cdi coast to coast and had no problems in finding filling stations but they were struggling to get the mpg needed to go from fill up to fill due to the due to the distance between them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #110346 Wed May 23 2007 8:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lrcb40

United States 
Sorry, but.........

a TDV6 or V8 diesel won't meet the emissions regs in the USA, especially in California. Even if you could get the thing here, the authorities will confirm through the VIn that it's got a diesel engine and, then, they can look up what Land Rover has had approved for sale in NA. That type isn't approved, so you'd have to send it back or have it destroyed!

If you're still wanting one, I can help you with a NAS RRS or RRS s/c!!

Andy

Post #147284 Wed Dec 05 2007 10:29pm
Tim in Scotland

LRCB40 - don't want a gas engined RRSport I'm afraid, I'm in the UK and with gas prices here at $2.20 a liter my 5 weeks old TDv8 Twin Turbo HSE is just fine for me thanks! 28miles per Imp gallon of Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel is much preferable to 10 mpg from a V8 S/Charged gas engine 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #147287 Wed Dec 05 2007 10:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lrcb40

United States 
Hello

I was taking a chance on replying to the OP, just in case anyone was reading this and thinking the same thing. I certainly wouldn't recommend a petrol engine to anyone in the UK, not after my experience last year, when on holiday, seeing the hole burned in my budget by the (ever increasing) petrol prices. Compared to our $3.XX a (US) gallon, I feel sorry for you!
Whistle
Andy

Post #147290 Wed Dec 05 2007 10:52pm
Tim in Scotland

We have cars over here that can get 50-60mpg on gas, but they tend to be tiny city cars with weedy engines and not 3 tonne SUV's! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #147291 Wed Dec 05 2007 10:55pm
lrcb40

United States 
That reminds me........

of my old Morris Minor. It got good mpg, but was truely weedy. I keep up to date with 'European' cars by reading 'Car' magazine and have done since I left the UK in the early 90's. Hopefully, one day, the USA authorities will permit diesels. They have improved so much, but I'm not certain that Joe Public will want them, even if you can get good stump pulling performance and mileage! Diesels got a bad name here and, as Audi found out, a bad rap in the US takes a while to shake off.........

Until then, we'll have to suffer petrol at (only) $3.00 a gallon....... Rolling Eyes

Post #147294 Thu Dec 06 2007 12:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1