Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Newbie 2008 TDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White
Newbie 2008 TDV6

Morning All..

2 weeks into my 2008 TDV6 ownership and and absolutely loving it. I bought the car spec'd and already inbound, so got what was on it. White with Black Leather, Sun Roof and Tow Pack. I have a couple of questions as would probably be expected:

1) I also have 19" wheels but no Dynamic Pack - should this be a concern and should I downgrade to 18"? From some of the previous posts I am thinking maybe I should?

2) Has anyone any experience/recommendations for aftermarket Sat Nav and Blue Tooth integration. My nirvana would be one device that was Sat Nav but also integrated with my Ipod and Blackberry. My dealer said he would look into this but hasn't got back to me yet.

Apologies if these questions are covered elsewhere, but would appreciate any links you could post to the previous topics/discussions!

Thanks in advance!

Post #145072 Mon Nov 12 2007 11:33pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Welcome aboard 2nd! Thumbs Up

If you use the search link up in the orange menu bar, the world is your oyster! Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #145101 Tue Nov 13 2007 4:32pm
Roland

Switzerland 
Re: Newbie 2008 TDV6

2nd Rower wrote:
Morning All..

2 weeks into my 2008 TDV6 ownership and and absolutely loving it. I bought the car spec'd and already inbound, so got what was on it. White with Black Leather, Sun Roof and Tow Pack.

Welcome 2nd Rover. I'm not surprised you love it. I own a RRS (a humble TDV6) for almost two years now and there is still no other 4x4 who comes near it, for me it's simply the best car in the world, it's as simple as that Thumbs Up SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #145103 Tue Nov 13 2007 4:46pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Roland wrote:
................a humble TDV6

Roland there's no need to apologise for it being a v6, nowt wrong with the v6 at all, it does the job it was designed to do very well, just that the v8 is a bit better!

2nd Rower, welcome to the club, you made a good choice! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #145105 Tue Nov 13 2007 5:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Roland

Switzerland 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Roland wrote:
................a humble TDV6

Roland there's no need to apologise for it being a v6, nowt wrong with the v6 at all, it does the job it was designed to do very well, just that the v8 is a bit better!

2nd Rower, welcome to the club, you made a good choice!

Tim, I have to admit that I envy you for your new motor and I have not yet given up on the idea of going the same route Rolling Eyes SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #145110 Tue Nov 13 2007 6:56pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think that my v6SE is probably the best all round car that I have ever owned in 28 years of driving, including nearly 3 years with a TD6 powered FFRR. OK it didn't burn up the road but I wouldn't have bought an SUV if I wanted to do that (and I owned a very powerful TVR for 2 years before I started buying Landies and that got my need for lots of speed out of my system!). The TDv8 is even better because although I don't drive it like a loony all the time, it has great squirt and go abilities and will provide entertainment that the v6 cannot give in quite the same way. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #145112 Tue Nov 13 2007 7:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Not A Red RRS.

Australia 

G'Day & welcome 2nd rower, Thumbs Up
For bluetooth & satnav I went for a TomTom. They pair easy and the satnav is pretty snappy but you do have to use common sense with it.
I have it mounted in the cubby hole of my Disco3. You don't need an external antennae.
I think the latest 900 series (920 I think) will also play an mp3 type device. Don't know if it will do the mp3 thing over B/T though.

You into rugby/league? (your user name) strange in Vic. Thumbs Up Bow down --------------------------------------------------------
I love Boobies, Tits, Blackbirds & Sparrows.

09 MY10 Santorini Black TDV6 Smile
05 Disco3 S (gone) (Red Disco)
08 Disco3 HSE (gone) (White Disco)
07 RRS Umbrella.(one of only 3 in the Country)
09 Volkswagen Golf Tdi(SWMBO's)
04 Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO20SHOMSAH)

Post #145423 Fri Nov 16 2007 12:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1