RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Off Roading Tours - Europe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Kuke

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
Off Roading Tours - Europe

I've been looking around on the web a bit, but found not much suitable.

Do any of you know or have been on a guided tour through europe (preferably scandinavia), where you can bring your own car? Would love to hear your experiances.

We have an unmodified RRS SC 06, should we get any upgrades for medium offroading? The potential drivers have also basically no offroading experiance yet Whistle

cheers,
kuke RRS SC Bonatti Grey

Post #135754 Sun Sep 02 2007 1:51am
BASHER16

Scotland 
FRENCH GREENLANE TOUR

Kuke

In response to your request off roading tours...this trip is in France but superb start to finish.
I am not advertising as I have no axe to grind in recomending this company but the organisation and attention to everyone on the tour is first class.
The company is BOAB and the trip is a roadbook navigation holiday. You are given your days itinerary each morning along with a briefing of the days route. You will be totally on your own if you wish, or in company with your choice of whoever is along on the adventure.
We did this with our friends from ooooops down south and had the best trip imaginable.Have a look at their website Boab French greenlaning and decide for your self

BASH

Post #143446 Tue Oct 30 2007 9:31pm
Kuke

thanks, will have a look at it.
meanwhile i found this german speaking website, which seems to have excellent tours. unfortunatly, the Spain one is right around new years Sad a week to early for me.
http://www.tour-off-road.de/start/start.htm RRS SC Bonatti Grey

Post #143449 Tue Oct 30 2007 10:41pm
Pelyma

England 

I think you will find offroading difficult to find in the Scandanavian countries, on the whole I seem to recall it is illegal

Post #143474 Wed Oct 31 2007 9:35am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The Swedish Land Rover Club run a 2 week long summer tour of the country with offroad sections, it's open to non members as well as members. They arrange the venues and trails, you do the rest. The route takes you right up into the Arctic Circle.

Iceland is also a brilliant place to take a Land Rover of any type, however it is a VERY expensive place to buy anything and you need at least 3 weeks off work as the ferry there and back involves 5 days of sea passages on 3 different ferries from the UK via Thorshaven in the Faroes, or one cruise ferry direct from Denmark, and a long weekend in the Faroes.

I think the main reason that Scandinavians don't like lots of people venturing offroad is that there are vast areas of wilderness and doing recoveries/ rescues becomes very expensive and difficult. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #143482 Wed Oct 31 2007 9:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi Kuke, I'm trying to push my dealer to organize some off road days, one day like we did in Hinterrhein in september, or week end long trips. Maybe we get to do something next year. I'll keep you posted. '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #143498 Wed Oct 31 2007 10:39am
Kuke

cheers. asked my dealer meanwhile, and he has no knowledge of such events, but is looking for some. RRS SC Bonatti Grey

Post #144170 Sun Nov 04 2007 10:44pm
Roland

Switzerland 

flydive wrote:
Hi Kuke, I'm trying to push my dealer to organize some off road days, one day like we did in Hinterrhein in september, or week end long trips. Maybe we get to do something next year. I'll keep you posted.

Great idea, Flydive, you can count me in. Please keep us posted.

Roland SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #144194 Mon Nov 05 2007 7:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1