RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Security devices.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

stuart2u

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Giverney Green
Security devices.....

Did anyone have the 'NavTrak' security system fitted when they ordered their new vehicle. I did and it works, in as much as I know that on day 1 having left the ADR fob at home, (Doh!!!) I had a call on my mobile 15 mins into my journey from NavTrak to check if all was OK. Then again on the way back because I was 10 mins outside the time I had advised them I would be out, without cover. Good service I thought.

However, I now have a postit in the car and on the inside of the front door to remind me to take it with me...........I know, I know its an age thing, but if you change as much as I do........and its not simply a matter of always keeping it with the keys as it is not designed to be keep with the keys as that would defeat the whole point of the exercise.

What do you guys do to make sure it goes out with you........even when you pop out to let the Wife off the drive in her car etc.

Stuart2u TDV6, HSE, Giverney Green/Ivory, Tints, Sidesteps, Sunroof, Towbar and Cycle Carrier, Tasmods Sills, Bluetooth and big smile!

Post #14297 Thu Feb 23 2006 4:24pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Stuart - what sort of price for this system? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #14299 Thu Feb 23 2006 4:29pm
stuart2u

It was the thick end of £800 I believe.......for a one year contract. Detail at home if you need more info.

Stuart2u TDV6, HSE, Giverney Green/Ivory, Tints, Sidesteps, Sunroof, Towbar and Cycle Carrier, Tasmods Sills, Bluetooth and big smile!

Post #14303 Thu Feb 23 2006 4:36pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Steep - I'm a believer in getting gap insurance. If my RRS was stolen I doubt I would want it back. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #14304 Thu Feb 23 2006 4:37pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Stuart

I have just spoken to my dealer as my SC should be here any day now. He said that the Nav Trac will cost me £1349.00 fincluding 3 years subscription then £225.00 a year after that, does that sound about right??

Post #14311 Thu Feb 23 2006 4:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stuart2u

That sounds about right......I guess that LR dealers operate price fixing on these things. I went for 1 year only at this stage and will renew when it becomes due. TDV6, HSE, Giverney Green/Ivory, Tints, Sidesteps, Sunroof, Towbar and Cycle Carrier, Tasmods Sills, Bluetooth and big smile!

Post #14312 Thu Feb 23 2006 5:02pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I had the RAC Trackstar plus system fitted to my SC, much cheaper, keeps insurance people quiet and it works. Why pay so much when if your car gets nicked they know its more than likely being tracked and will do something to it in the short space they have.

I would not want mine back after some scumbag had fiddled with it... Evil or Very Mad L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #14314 Thu Feb 23 2006 5:27pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

RRUK

How much was your Trackstar fitted? I agree with you I wouldn't want mine back either if it was stolen, but my insurance company are demanding it.

Post #14319 Thu Feb 23 2006 5:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wsy679

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Stornoway Grey

Have Trackstar plus fitted gives a insurance discount.
Trackstar website quotes £299 + fitting + £120 pers year subs: www.trafficmaster.co.uk RRS HST Supercharged/ Stornoway Grey/Ivory/Piano Black/Sun Roof/Trackstar

RR Evoque 2.0 SI4 Dynamic Coupe
Orkney Grey

Post #14322 Thu Feb 23 2006 5:42pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I too fitted TRACKER for similar monies 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #14325 Thu Feb 23 2006 6:03pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Personally having looked at others, I think Tracker is hard to beat. All 52 Police Forces have it installed in their vehicles and helicopters. It utilises two methods of tracking GPS and VHF ( which works in the places GPS can't see, like large metal containers going out of the country ). All the ports have it installed. Also it now covers France and Spain as standard with the option to extend beyond that TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #14371 Fri Feb 24 2006 10:30am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Mine came with a tracker horizon installed.
just transferred my old account which was still running on my Bmw to this car. Made Censored all difference to insurance, but as its installed may as well make use of it.

On the other hand, with my RS4, i HAVE to have at least a tracker monitor, im of the same opinion as RRUK on this, that if it gets nicked i don't want it back anyway, so im going to pick a system that satisfies the insurance company at minimum cost to me, and i don't really care how well it works, because i don't want my joyridden car/partially stipped shell back. GAP insurance all the way.

Post #14395 Fri Feb 24 2006 1:09pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

misery wrote:
RRUK

How much was your Trackstar fitted? I agree with you I wouldn't want mine back either if it was stolen, but my insurance company are demanding it.

Shop around on the insurance bit, if you really don't want a tracker system. I use the same insurer for both the Porsche & RRS, they were the cheapest for the 2 combined by a fair margin, yet didn't require tracker on either vehicle. HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #14398 Fri Feb 24 2006 1:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1