RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Landrover GTR Site
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Biggles

England 
Landrover GTR Site

Ha any body got a subscription running for this site and if so what is the info contained in the following reference sheet.

Range Rover Sport - Electronic Park Brake Warning Lamp Illuminated To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS206-001 (1) Folder: 206 - Brake System Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2222 Sat Sep 10 2005 10:49pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Just subscribed today ( fed up with noise from front wipers Crying or Very sad ) but didnt find anything - but copied this for you, sorry its a little late.

Subject/Concern: Range Rover Sport - Electronic Park Brake Warning Lamp Illuminated

Models:
Range Rover Sport (LS) Vin range: 5A900109-5A903766

Markets: All

Section: 206-05

Summary:
A customer may report a concern that the electronic parking brake (EPB) amber or red warning lamps are illuminated or that it is not possible to release parking brake (possible fault code displayed in EPB module C1A00).

Cause: The EPB wiring harness has a splice joint which provides a 12V supply to the EPB module which has been incorrectly specified. The joint is an 'open' type splice, covered with electrical insulation tape and it should be a 'sealed' type splice joint to prevent water ingress and corrosion. The customer concern above is a result of corrosion of this splice joint preventing the 12volt supply reaching the EPB module.
Action: Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the Service Procedure detailed in this bulletin to renew the splice joint.

Parts Required:
Description Part Number Quantity
Overlay harness kit YNI500400 1
Connecter terminal removal tool YRW5000110 Supplied in harness repair kit

NOTE: Repair procedures are under constant review, and therefore times are subject to change; those quoted here must be taken as guidance only. Always refer to DDW to obtain the latest repair time.

Labour Time:
Operation Description Operation No. Time
Install overlay harness to EPB module - TdV6 engine vehicles 70.35.89/33 1.80 hours
Install overlay harness to EPB module - AJV8 engine vehicles 70.35.89/33 2.00 hours

Repair/Claim Coding:
Causal Part: YNN500472
ACES Condition Code: 28
Defect Code: 7Y1H

Service Procedure
1 . Raise and support the vehicle.
2 . Remove the spare wheel and tire.
3 . Remove the left-hand rear wheel and tire.
4 . Remove the air suspension compressor lower cover.

5 . NOTE: Release compressor for access only, do not disconnect air suspension pipes.

Release the three retaining bolts of the air suspension compressor. For additional information, refer to Global Technical Reference (GTR) Discovery 3/LR3 Workshop Manual Section 204-05, Air Suspension Compressor (60.50.10).

6 . NOTE: Remove for access only.

On all vehicles except those with diesel engines: 1 . Remove the evaporative emissions canister. For additional information, refer to Global Technical Reference (GTR) Discovery 3/LR3 Workshop Manual Section 303-13, Evaporative Emission Canister (17.15.13).

7 . Remove the parking brake actuator mounting bracket: 1 . Release the air suspension pipe retaining clips.
2 . Remove the two retaining nuts.
3 . Remove the five retaining bolts.
4 . Release the three wiring harness clips.

8 . Disconnect the electronic parking brake actuator electrical connector.

9 . Remove the two wires from the electrical connector (terminals G4 and H4, wiring color green/yellow): 1 . Remove the white locking cover.
2 . Remove the black end cap by releasing the corner tags and sliding the cap off.
3 . Release the green anti-back-out to the detent position.
4 . Insert special tool supplied in the repair kit into connector release holes to remove the terminals.

10 . NOTE: Make sure that the routing of the new harness closely follows the original, and that the harness does not contact fuel lines or the stabilizer bar.

NOTE: Illustration shows area of harness splice repair.

Position the EPB overlay harness: 1 . With care, route the EPB overlay harness, following the path of the original chassis harness.
2 . Secure the new harness with cable ties, 50mm from the electrical connector and at intervals of 150mm .

11 . CAUTION: Care must be taken when splitting the conduit, so that internal wires are not damaged.

Carefully cut through the harness retaining tape.

12 . Cut the original wire (wiring color green/yellow), allowing enough free wire to allow splicing operation.

13 . Position the heatshrink sleeve onto the wire.
14 . CAUTION: Ensure the electrical connector is securely connected.

Install and crimp the connections.
15 . CAUTION: Care must be taken when using a heat gun to avoid damage to the surrounding area.

Position the heat shrink wrap to the crimped connector, apply heat until the wrap is secure.

16 . Insert the new repaired wire inside the wiring conduit.
17 . Using electrical tape, seal the conduit and new electrical connection.
18 . CAUTION: The Anti-backout cannot be installed unless the terminals are correctly installed; do not use excessive force.

Install the two new terminals into the park brake electrical connector: 1 . Align the two terminals so the rounded portion of the neck, faces towards the retracted anti-back-out device.
2 . Insert the terminals and ensure they are correctly located.
3 . Secure the electrical terminals with the anti-backout device.

19 . Connect the electrical connector.
20 . Install the parking brake actuator mounting bracket: 1 . Secure the three wiring harness clips.
2 . Install the five retaining bolts and tighten to 22 Nm (16 lb-ft).
3 . Install the two retaining nuts.
4 . Secure the air suspension pipe retaining clips.

21 . On all vehicles except with diesel engines: 1 . Install the evaporative emissions canister. For additional information, refer to Global Technical Reference (GTR) Discovery 3/LR3 Workshop Manual Section 303-13, Evaporative Emission Canister (17.15.13).

22 . Install the air suspension compressor. For additional information, refer to Global Technical Reference (GTR) Discovery 3/LR3 Workshop Manual Section 204-05, Air Suspension Compressor (60.50.10).
23 . Install the air suspension compressor lower cover.
24 . Install the left-hand rear wheel and tire, tighten wheel nuts to 140 Nm (103 lb-ft).
25 . Install the spare wheel and tire.
26 . Using T4 clear any fault codes.

©2005 LandRover

Not copied in pics though  
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4690 Thu Nov 03 2005 11:46am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Quick question regarding these GTR bulletins. I notice each one has a VIN range on them, so does that mean if you car is NOT in the VIN range it will be ok?

So far my VIN has not been in any of the bulletins. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4691 Thu Nov 03 2005 11:57am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Yes you are correct in thinking that RRUK - well thats how I am reading it Confused 

Post #4692 Thu Nov 03 2005 11:59am
MDP

United Kingdom 

To be honest having been on the site I must report that there isnt too much to worry about as there are'nt that many bulletins for the Sport ( yet ) it does appear that most were dated early in 2005 and ref. very early production.

As there isnt too much on there I think forum members will between us will be able to keep up to speed with any new issues? only downer it costs £7.05 per day...however there is an anual charge but this was silly money for what we need

Nb. Sportman there was a ref to car overheating in various countries inc. Dubai - I didnt copy it in as it was massive - it may be worth checking that your car is updated with the modifications they reccomend in the service bulletin update. ( if needed ) check with dealer it is a SERVICE ACTION Bulletin

Powertrain Cooling Upgrade - Dubai, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, and Qatar Only
Reference: AD014 (1) Folder: Service Action Bulletins

It refers to Vin Range LS900338 - LS902762  

Post #4697 Thu Nov 03 2005 12:14pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

When you read a bulletin like the one above it makes you realise why the service department sometimes need the car for a couple of days to look at something that the owner might think is a trivial fault! 2 hours to investigate an open joint is amazing, and then you see the work entailed which also invariably means that the other spannermen cannot work on the car at the same time. I see now why LR discontinued selling the VIP service agreements that the early L322 Range Rovers had as an option............. it was costing LR a fortune. I thought when I bought my L322 that the VIP looked like a bargain at £1000 for 5 years all servicing and consumables including tyres included, except tax and insurance, and I got it for free as an incentive to buy the car!! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #4709 Thu Nov 03 2005 12:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rgbyhkr

How much do they charge for the subscription? It looks like you can't get to the pricing until you fill out all your personal info, etc.

Jeff

Post #4722 Thu Nov 03 2005 2:14pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Its on my other posts , but daily cost works out at £7.05 Confused 

Post #4731 Thu Nov 03 2005 6:11pm
Biggles

England 

If any body still has access to the site could they post the one regarding turbo charger replacement on the sport. Now thats what I call serious. Shocked Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #4735 Thu Nov 03 2005 6:39pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Here you go Biggles

Technical Service Bulletin
No.LS303-002
13 October 2005

Subject/Concern: Range Rover Sport - Method Change - Turbocharger Renew

Models:
Range Rover Sport (LS) Engine: TdV6

Markets: All Except USA

Section: 303-04D

Summary:
Changes to procedure steps for removal and installation of the turbocharger assembly.

NOTE: Associated repairs that require the new workshop procedure will also change.

Cause: Methods engineers at Land Rover have recently studied the service process for renewal of the turbocharger assembly for Range Rover Sport models, and significant process changes have been made. The changes, detailed below, refine and improve the process which allow the operation to be carried out more effectively. Changes:
Driveshaft - no longer removed.
Exhaust heatshield - no longer removed.
Time added to procedure for removal of front brake pipe heatshields.
Time added to procedure for removal of the turbocharger support bracket rear bolts (difficult access).
Time added to procedure for removal of the turbocharger top nuts (difficult access).

Action: Should it become necessary to remove a turbocharger assembly on a Range Rover Sport, please refer to the procedure detailed in this bulletin.

NOTE: Superseded repair time - 19.42.01 - 3.30 hours

Labour Time:
Operation Description Operation No. Time
Turbocharger renew 19.42.01 4.80 hours

Service Instruction
1 . For additional information, refer to Global Technical Reference (GTR) Range Rover Sport Workshop Manual Section 303-04D, Turbocharger (19.42.01).

©2005 LandRover 

Post #4736 Thu Nov 03 2005 6:48pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Biggles,

If you need more info you will have to go onto the site - go to workshop manuals - its all there [ pages and pages of the stuff ]

Cheers

Martin 

Post #4738 Thu Nov 03 2005 6:55pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

If you pay for a daily subscription does that mean you can download every single document they have on there or is there a limit on it? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4767 Fri Nov 04 2005 9:13am
Tim in Scotland

You get unlimited access for 24 hours RRUK 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #4768 Fri Nov 04 2005 9:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jappie911

Netherlands 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi,

A question in this old thread..

When I subscribe for a one day subscribtion, and pay with Visa, do I have acces that day ? Or maybe next ?

And from 0.00 to 24.00, or what ?

Any ideas, because I will need some time for downloading!

And hope's it work's in Holland ?

Thanks again !

Post #141449 Sat Oct 13 2007 8:34am
Tim in Scotland

It used to be 24hrs from the time of them processing your card, so get copying! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #141463 Sat Oct 13 2007 10:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1