RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRSPORT.CO.UK Vehicle Stickers Discusssion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 8 12345678>

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
RRSPORT.CO.UK Vehicle Stickers Discusssion

Note: Go to the end of the thread to order stickers - they are available Very Happy Very Happy

----------------

This a question for Martin really, as I was browsing the D3 site I noticed you have done some stickers for peoples Disco 3's. I think it would be great to have a nice looking stylish sticker with rrsport.co.uk in a good font, like the original Range Rover bonnet font, not too big, but so you can stick one on the back window and people can see it on the motorway, even through privacy glass!

What would it take to get it done? I'd happily pay a small amount towards it too.

What does anyone think? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1033 Tue Jul 19 2005 1:27pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Hi RRUK, I'm very happy to sort out stickers for RRSPORT - it was always planned but I really waiting for the 'right time'. Now you've asked it's probably the right time Very Happy Wink

Stickers will probably be £2 each, same as the DISCO3.CO.UK ones.

The problem that we had with the Disco 3 is that even a bright silver sticker is largely invisible behind privacy glass - have a look at http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayima...amp;pos=21

What was decided is that those with privacy glass went for external type stickers (stick on the outside of the car), whereas those with normal glass went for an internal type, behind the glass.

What colours do you think would look best? For the Discovery I've done silver (by far the most popular), dark grey, orange and a couple of black ones. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1038 Tue Jul 19 2005 3:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timajersey

Jersey 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Cairns Blue

Personally I hate the type of stickers that are attached to the outside of the glass or body work.

Perhaps you could do a trial to determine which colour works best when attached to the inside of the privacy glass. RRS 2.7 TDV6 SE Cairns Blue/Alpaca Leather

'03 Porsche Boxster Seal Grey/Black Leather

Post #1040 Tue Jul 19 2005 5:40pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

OK then, firstly I have to get myself an RRS with privacy glass - I'll open up donations from now Wink

Would be very happy to trial sticker colours with privacy glass, but would have a problem getting hold of a vehicle Rolling Eyes Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1041 Tue Jul 19 2005 5:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

What if someone with a privacy glass car offered to trial them and post pics showing different types and what they look like? (anyone willing to offer?)

I agree that external ones do not look as good so there's a few options I can think of:

1. Trial of internal rear sticker in white/silver etc to see how the letters come through the glass
2. Have a different type that goes on the inside of the windscreen, perhaps designed for the upper right side by the passenger.

£2 a sticker seems very reasonable to me. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1043 Tue Jul 19 2005 7:23pm
Black Beast

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I will gladly try as soon as I get my supercharged in September. Cool 2006 Java Black Supercharged RR Sport / Overfinch tips

Post #1048 Tue Jul 19 2005 10:25pm
RRUK

Well I will too in September when mine arrives but it would be nice to get it sorted before then.

A nice knock on effect to this could be that when your car is in the dealership they see the sticker, look at the website and can then be at least as clued up as we are...something that some dealers seem to be lacking at the moment it would seem. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1050 Tue Jul 19 2005 11:17pm
RRUK

Martin,

Is anything happening with this?

thanks L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1362 Tue Aug 02 2005 1:14pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

Yup, I do want to get stickers made, just not sure on exactly what to get done Confused

At the minute I'm thinking get a trial set of silver RRSPORT.CO.UK stickers made, in a Range Rover style font, about 20mm high?

The DISCO3.CO.UK ones are 30mm tall, but that might be too big for the RRS? Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1363 Tue Aug 02 2005 1:55pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

Something like this?

Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1364 Tue Aug 02 2005 2:01pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

How about something similar to this Guy Salmon sticker which is inside & on Privacy Glass.

As per photo from RRUK gallery Very Happy

" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #1365 Tue Aug 02 2005 2:24pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

Looks good, but also looks like it's on the outside (all the other Guy Salmon stickers like that I've seen are on the outside).

Shame they couldn't stick it in the middle Rolling Eyes Laughing Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1366 Tue Aug 02 2005 2:33pm
RRUK

Martin,

I think that looks good, it needs to be simple, yet classy!

I think a silver one would look nice, and if it couldn't be seen behind PG, I'd stick mine on the front screen instead I think. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1367 Tue Aug 02 2005 3:11pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

All righty then, I will get a few test stickers made up in silver for trial on privacy glass.

All I need you to do is donate £10000 each so I can get myself an RRS to try them on Wink Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1376 Tue Aug 02 2005 10:00pm
BN

England 

Martin, I am bringing some new 'cling' type stickers' on the 7th for the lads D3 off road event FOC. They are in silver writing on clear background. The rest you can have to sell on behalf of the site. But you will see they are not the sticky glue type and peel off easily. They can be profile cut, but these are just for fun and rectangular this time.

I think the profiled ones would look really great in both RRS and D3.

Post #1377 Tue Aug 02 2005 10:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 8 12345678>