RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Land Rover Southwest Houston : a quick visit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
Land Rover Southwest Houston : a quick visit

I Just popped over at Lunch to visit the latest LR dealer just opening this week here in Houston:

Land Rover Southwest Houston
10150 Southwest Freeway
Houston TX 77074

There a Volvo, porsche, Jag, BMW, Mini dealer and now getting into LR... They tell me that the first cars arrived yesterday and from what I see a smattering of 07 & 08 RRS and a few more 08 FFRR's, no LR3/LR2 that I could see....

I asked about the service department and it seems that they have 1 service coordinator for LR (Jason) and only 3 technicians (one with 20yrs experience and the other two cross training from Jag at the moment). They will be offering enterprise rentals with a fuel deposit only for cars in warrenty....sure they wont give you an XKR to drive Smile

I also spoke to one of the sales folks... they have a bit to learn about specs and options but they seemed nice enough.

Its a modern dealership with interesting interiors ... a mock pub doubling as an expresso bar didnt sample it but was offered water and coffee.

They also were as expected keen to begin selling.... sure they have a wager on for the first sale. Wink

Anyway for thoses in Houston on that side of town... its a good alternitive to driving to the Woodlands or fighting your way to I10 Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #133056 Wed Aug 15 2007 7:22pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Cool. Are you saying that they hire RRS? Did I read understand that right?

When I'm in Htown I always hire something mundane like a Buick (thats all they have etc) although Hertz once loaned me a Shelby Mustang. 2022 P440e AB

Post #133070 Wed Aug 15 2007 10:19pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Sorry, I dont think that they will rent out a RRS what happens is that when we have service work done here you usually have to rent a car from the dealer at least just paying the petrol, this could be a LR if your lucky but more like a Honda something....

Hertz and I think Avis do rent out more interesting cars, last time I was in California I rented a nice 7 seat LR3 at the airport. Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #133077 Thu Aug 16 2007 1:30am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I've never run into a marque whose dealers give you unassociated loan cars like LR do. At BMW dealers, you always get another BMW - crap or otherwise - but I've never been given a loan LR product I don't think. It was a Honda Civic at Gatwick LR - a Rover 45(!) from Guava yesterday. Why they can't lend you another LR I don't know. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #133087 Thu Aug 16 2007 8:33am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

shmoogle wrote:
I've never run into a marque whose dealers give you unassociated loan cars like LR do. At BMW dealers, you always get another BMW - crap or otherwise - but I've never been given a loan LR product I don't think. It was a Honda Civic at Gatwick LR - a Rover 45(!) from Guava yesterday. Why they can't lend you another LR I don't know.

Aberdeen LR loan cars are always LR. I've had a Freelander 2 and a couple of new Discos.
What I can't get over is their supposed value.

The Freelander 2 was £34K - (why wouldn't you just buy a S RRS?!?)
And the Disco 2 XS (I have it today) for £45k. Mental. More than my 18 month old fully loaded SC and it doesn't even have leather! 2022 P440e AB

Post #133093 Thu Aug 16 2007 8:48am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Agree with you. Not sure why you would spend mid 30s on a FL2 - not a good investment. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #133095 Thu Aug 16 2007 8:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1