RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Collection Day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I got the free rubber mats front and rear, but with there being no hooks in the book will be looking for a boot liner tray. I also got a 4 unused but also unwanted by the dealer, 17" alloys that will fit it so I can put a set of AT tyres for gentle offroading. So I suppose I did get £2000 discount through that!
They are also getting me a satnav antenna pod for the roof - all Sports without satnav as standard have a cheap looking black plastic blanking piece over the hole in the roof!

Post #255 Sun Jun 12 2005 6:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 
The Good News Is

Dealer says my car is built and waiting for transport to the dealership, Question is will it be ready before my holidays or will it be all alone waiting for me when i get back. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #509 Fri Jun 24 2005 4:49pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteers to look after it for you while you are away!

Post #513 Fri Jun 24 2005 5:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Great news Biggles, you have been a VERY patient man! I hope you get it before your hols.

Regs

Widdle

Post #514 Fri Jun 24 2005 7:16pm
Biggles

England 

Thanks guys,

Widdle,

What did you decide to do in the end, is it a wait for the V8 derv, or will you spec a 2.7 TDVS with the options you wanted. Or did you go out and order something completely different.
Just wondering because after test driving the TDV6 and hearing what Tim In Scotland has had to say about his ride. I think the dynamic pack will not be missed by me. You never know though maybe one day I will drive a 4.2sc and change my mind Wink
It has been a long journey to get this far and now it's nearly ready I cant' wait. Smile Smile Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #518 Fri Jun 24 2005 10:14pm
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Biggles

I'm still sitting on the fence on my order, I think you may be right regarding dynamic response - not sure if it really is necessary having been out in a non DR car.

I was though disappointed with some elements of the finished car - a bit too much plastic on the dash etc. I'm finding it difficult to justify spending c 50k on a car that I feel isnt worth it. I'm currently chewing over buying a 1 to 2 year old RR and then trading for a secondhand Sport in a year or so when a bit of depreciation has kicked in or even (everyone look away!) a secondhand Cayenne S.

I also have the added complication of trying to find a house at the moment so that has to take priority unfortunately!

Regs Widdle

Post #535 Sat Jun 25 2005 8:26am
Biggles

England 

Widdle,

I hope you fall of the fence this way (don't hurt yourself though Smile ).

I think the car itself is finished ok its not a Range Rover, and certainly did not expect it to be, if I had wanted the Range Rover, then I would have bought one but I have never been quite happy with it's size.
The RRS came along at the right time for me and has given me the oppurtunity to get back to where my motoring heart lies with the best 4 x 4 manufacturer in the world.
If at the time of P38A to the current model the dimensions had been kept I would never have strayed to another maufacturer. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #540 Sat Jun 25 2005 10:09am
Biggles

England 

All being well I have been told that my car will be ready for collection Thursday am, at long last I can see the end of the tunnel.
The excitement mounts, will I sleep for the next two nights. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #649 Tue Jun 28 2005 6:58pm
nickp

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Biggles
Congratulations . Picked mine up yesterday , Silver HSE TDV6 , PTI and privacy glass. It is fantastic . Also for me it has been a long wait , but definately worth it. Only problem is my Nokia 6230i does not work in the cradle but works OK with Bluetooth , small issue maybe . Have fun and enjoy.

Post #650 Tue Jun 28 2005 7:05pm
Biggles

England 

Thanks for that Nickp,
Not sure what model my phone is, I know its a nokia will look on the web tonight to check model number.
Will get the most out the RRS before going on hols Friday. Will be looking forward to getting back in two weeks time without the usual can we not stay another week or two that we always get. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #651 Tue Jun 28 2005 7:12pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Biggles wrote:
All being well I have been told that my car will be ready for collection Thursday am, at long last I can see the end of the tunnel.
The excitement mounts, will I sleep for the next two nights.

Good for you Biggles!!
Hope you can have some fun before you go on holidays and, if time permits, a little write-up won't hurt! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #661 Tue Jun 28 2005 10:52pm
Biggles

England 

Any news on your delivery date in Malaysia yet Bobby,

Stuart. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1321 Sun Jul 31 2005 11:56pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Hi Biggles

Nothing definite yet. Oh yes, its sure not mid- or end-July!!

Now its mid to end August Sad

Hopefully this time its for sure. Its getting very difficult reading in this forum all the wonderful ways to enjoy the car Mad Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #1322 Mon Aug 01 2005 12:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123