RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Night time setting for Sat/Nav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Good idea. Just imagine if you picked up a virus and your Supercharged started acting like a metro! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #13148 Wed Feb 15 2006 4:07pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

You're right. The telematics systems in BMWs are already offering remote diagnostics and a whole raft of value-added services so the technology clearly exists at a price point that makes sense for manufacturers. Since there'll be no BMW technology cascading into future LRs we have to hope that Ford can provide an equivalent investment in technology deployment as the German marques seem to do. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #13153 Wed Feb 15 2006 4:10pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and enquired if my veh would have the latest software when I get it. I think he was a little bemused that i knew about such things. I just said I'd done abit of homework!
So he assures me that it will, but who knows.
Thanks guys. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #13164 Wed Feb 15 2006 4:38pm
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

===

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 11:35am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #13170 Wed Feb 15 2006 5:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 
Way off topic...

tasmod, regarding adventures in hacking and Nav-TV... you may want to visit the rangerovers.net forum: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 and use search.

Regretably, the only thing I've been able to do "easily" and cheaply was to enable factory RSE DVD playback on the Navigation screen while parked. (This is disabled in North America.) Anyway, a couple of interesting threads...

heaivilin installed both Nav-TV hacks himself, and a video source switch: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4039

My almost free "make RSE work while stopped" overview instructions are here:
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2566

Post #13190 Wed Feb 15 2006 7:37pm
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

===

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 11:35am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #13196 Wed Feb 15 2006 10:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 
Still off topic... :)

tasmod wrote:
At the moment I'm ploughing through the MOST bibliography. It would appear the UI is there but the system needs fooling into thinking the DVD/TV is fitted (If it's not)
This appears to resolve around making a dummy node which reports back on start up only, even though it does nothing else.

I'd be interested in a photo of the nav tv interface box and see whether it's on the MOST or MOST and Canbus, if anyone has one.
Yes, the goal is to trick the system into thinking it has the (unavailable to my knoweldge) tuner module. Nav-TV's "TV video input" hack is connected to both MOST and the Canbus. The exact details of what else they do are uncertain. It has it's own audio input via MOST; if you don't have this, selecting the latent "TV" button wouldn't give you any audio.

Post #13200 Thu Feb 16 2006 12:52am
kam100

United Kingdom 

This would be fantastic.. i don't think we are far off this kind of software and uplink though..

Post #13202 Thu Feb 16 2006 1:11am
Michael997

United Kingdom 

Hi Can anyone identify any of the software updates that you have had please as I spoke to my dealer and he seemed to suggest that there are none, I have a problem with sat/nav not storing Classic FM so TMC is not working and I think it is a software problem my dealer just waffles and fobs me off so I could do with some advise.
Thanks Michael
2013 RRS diesel Autobiography Dynamic

Post #14112 Wed Feb 22 2006 10:09am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Michael - my advise to him is to read this website. He might not fob you off in the future! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #14114 Wed Feb 22 2006 10:12am
Mossy

United Kingdom 

As a squatter on this site for a bit, I wont start a new thread, but can I ask if any of you RRS guys who have installed the NAV-TV MOST device have had a software update, of any sort, done by their dealer?

Did the NAV-TV install interfere?

Post #18876 Fri Mar 17 2006 6:18pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

I did. I had the then-latest version of the infotainment software uploaded - after the Nav-TV hack - a few months ago, in an attempt to get better performance from the HK Logic7 system (per LR technical bulletin # LS-415-001). As a result of the upload, nothing changed or got corrupted, the Nav-TV hack still works flawlessly (the Logic7 system sounds marginally better than before the upload.) 

Post #18895 Fri Mar 17 2006 10:50pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 

umbertob wrote:
I did. I had the then-latest version of the infotainment software uploaded - after the Nav-TV hack - a few months ago, in an attempt to get better performance from the HK Logic7 system (per LR technical bulletin # LS-415-001). As a result of the upload, nothing changed or got corrupted, the Nav-TV hack still works flawlessly (the Logic7 system sounds marginally better than before the upload.)

Thanks Umbertob for that. My car (LR3) went in for an infotainment update and they said the Nav TV hack prevented it being uploaded. They promptly removed said device screamining things like "you cant splice into the car's optical fibre wiring and expect the warrantly to be valid" and added that the software would upload now the device had been removed.

So, no Nav TV anymore Crying or Very sad

Post #18913 Sat Mar 18 2006 6:22am
grommet

United States 

Remember, there are multiple Nav-TV hacks. Since umbertob has the factory RSE system, he doesn't need the video input "TV tuner hack" that Mossy's Disco 3 uses.

Mossy, just re-install it. Even if they aren't clueless and it does block some updates, any future infotainment system related revisions will be rare...

Post #18924 Sat Mar 18 2006 10:10am
Mossy

United Kingdom 

grommet wrote:
Remember, there are multiple Nav-TV hacks. Since umbertob has the factory RSE system, he doesn't need the video input "TV tuner hack" that Mossy's Disco 3 uses.

Mossy, just re-install it. Even if they aren't clueless and it does block some updates, any future infotainment system related revisions will be rare...

Cheers guys and thanks for your help. Thumbs Up

S'pose I ought to head back to the ghetto that is disco3.co.uk.

Byeeeee

Post #18936 Sat Mar 18 2006 3:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12