Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Collection Day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Biggles

England 
Collection Day

Tim
Let us know hw you go on, June 2nd is collection day for you, correct me if I am wrong.

Post #88 Wed Jun 01 2005 7:26pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You are not wrong Biggles, BUT dealer phoned me this afternoon to say that while the wagon is all ready to go the local DVLA office is dragging it's heels processing the documents for the cherished number transfer so I may not get it until late on the 2nd or on the 3rd.
The 3rd is a bummer for me as I am going away offroading on Saturday and the location is 3 hours Defender drive away so am staying in a hotel on Friday night. Also lack of info is a pain with having to phone the insurers to keep my RRTD6 on the policy on a day to day basis. Having said that I am insured with land Rover Insurance and they are being brilliant - nothing is too much trouble, for them.
I will post as soon as it arrives on my drive!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed Jun 01 2005 9:27pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #89 Wed Jun 01 2005 7:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

I wonder how many people are driving round the UK today with a smug grin.Seems like forever since I paid my dipper and still waiting Sad

Post #93 Wed Jun 01 2005 9:04pm
Tim in Scotland

2pm/2nd and still no call from the dealer Sad

4pm2nd Dealer called to say still no paperwork from DVLA....... Told them that if papers not there by tomorrow afternoon I cannot pick up the car until Sunday earliest Crying or Very sad

I am offroading on Saturday....................... should I take the RRTD6 instead of my Defender? Laughing

Post #98 Thu Jun 02 2005 1:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Renny

Scotland 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
2pm/2nd and still no call from the dealer Sad

4pm2nd Dealer called to say still no paperwork from DVLA....... Told them that if papers not there by tomorrow afternoon I cannot pick up the car until Sunday earliest Crying or Very sad

I am offroading on Saturday....................... should I take the RRTD6 instead of my Defender? Laughing

Tim,

I'm sure I could nip through to pick it up for you Laughing Renny Thomson
MSA Scrutineer

Post #110 Fri Jun 03 2005 10:47am
Biggles

England 

Any news yet Tim, Question

Post #111 Fri Jun 03 2005 3:01pm
Tim in Scotland

Saturday night and just home from driving over the roof of Scotland in my Defender................ no RRS sitting on the drive!! Crying or Very sad DVLA get your finger out!
I spent today driving over the mountains on a road built in 1705 AKA General Wade's Military Road and The Corrie Yarrick Pass. The pictures are here http://p078.ezboard.com/flandroversrusfrm3...ID=2.topic
Was mighty glad that I didn't take either the RRTD6 or the RRsport...... as the track has been severely eroded by the winter weather since November

There are a couple of pics of that trip here if you scroll through the replies
http://www.lrenthusiastforum.com/ubbthread...mp;fpart=1
It was only -19C on the top and 4"-5" of snow...... the RR got stuck but it was on standard issue HP Wrangler M+S road tyres (that's my excuse!)

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun Jun 05 2005 8:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #121 Sat Jun 04 2005 10:16pm
Biggles

England 

Looks cold up on the hills Tim, good job the RR was with you to keep you warm. Smile

Post #126 Sun Jun 05 2005 8:32pm
Tim in Scotland

You bet it was cold............ -19C outside according to the external thermometer! Inside, with the sun beaming in and out of the wind the climate control actually turned on the aircon at one stage as the inside got so warm!
Both days were great fun although I took my Defender yesterday (wouldn't
want to bend the RR just before taking in as a partex!). Because I didn't run the RR on All Terrain tyres it didn't quite make it to the summit..... the snow froze in the tyre treads making the wheel into ice balls that even the traction control could not cope with. My Defender was there too being driven by a friend and it was on all terrain tyres and went to the top, and down the other side and back no problem............. but BFG AT's have a good 14mm deep tread! I have recently been in a P38A RR running BFG AT's all the time and must admit to having been very impresses at how quietly they run on the tarred road..... in the Defender there is so much engine noise the road noise gets drowned out!
I will consider getting a set of BFG AT's for the alloys that the dealer has taken off the Sport and running on them in the winter and for the odd foray off the hard road and onto the hills!. Smile

Post #128 Sun Jun 05 2005 8:48pm
Renny

Scotland 

Tim,

an alternative to the BFG ATs is the Goodyear MT/R. They are reasonably agressive, but shouldn't be too noisy, and may well be similar price to the BFGs.

Have you got your new toy yet?

I was looking at the RRS that you mentioned earlier was being colour coded. Liked the door skirts, and lower bumpers in body colour, not sure about the rear pillar though. Renny Thomson
MSA Scrutineer

Post #129 Mon Jun 06 2005 8:52am
Tim in Scotland

Renny, Robert Conroy has just bought me back from the showroom having asked if they could have the RR this morning. The sport is sitting out in the compound still waiting for the DVLA to do their stuff. Here it is at 1045 this morning .......

It does look better on the D3 10 spoke wheel, even though I say so myself!

Here is the car with the original alloys fitted

For taking the RR in before being able to deliver the Sport David the accessories/stores manager is giving me 4 brand new 17" alloys for free so I can fit a set of chunkier tyres to them. Have also asked him to investigate what it would involve to remove the satnav aerial pod blanking piece (a bit of black plastic on the roof which looks cheap) and put on a the pod/ fin aerial even though it isn't connected to anything.

Post #130 Mon Jun 06 2005 10:01am
Biggles

England 

Tim I must say she looks mighty fine, what an excellent choice with the wheels they stand out so much and improve the appearance over the standard ones that your original photos show.

Post #131 Mon Jun 06 2005 10:26am
Renny

Scotland 

Sounds like they have a buyer lined up for your one already. I'd stick my neck out for a set of tyres to go on the wheels as well if they are that desperate Laughing Renny Thomson
MSA Scrutineer

Post #132 Mon Jun 06 2005 2:42pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Tim, what colour is she ? Is that Artic blue ?

Post #133 Mon Jun 06 2005 7:35pm
Tim in Scotland

Smarticus wrote:
Tim, what colour is she ? Is that Artic blue ?

She's Giverny Green Smarticus

Post #134 Mon Jun 06 2005 8:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>