RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Land Rover Factory Visits (Planning)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>

kam100

United Kingdom 

We could possibly meet early in the morning somewhere easy off the M42, and then follow me up to LR, do the day, then grab a bite to eat in the evening? when i have spoken to LR or when they get back to Turbochip, i will start scoping out venues...

Martin, shouldn't this thread be in events? or does it have to be an actual planned event before it qualifies?

Remember guys, keep final details to PM's.. don't want bloody greenpeace turning up! you never know with them fruits!

Post #13030 Tue Feb 14 2006 11:37pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Was just digging around on greenlane 4x4 website for 4x4 insurance link and came across this page:

http://www.rrr.co.uk/Training%20Courses.htm
might be of interest to anyone looking at learning a lot about the actual engineering and components of the RRS..

Also this which is relevant to us on this post:

" LAND ROVER FACTORY VISITS

The “Gold Package” consists of a full day visit and includes introduction to Land Rover, Factory tour of the Production line, lunch, demonstration drive around the famous “jungle track” and the opportunity to drive one or more vehicles under experienced instruction

The price for this package varies for group bookings, and therefore becomes cheaper for larger groups.

I am in the process of collating names for any member that would be interested in either booking as an individual, or part of an area representative organised group.

Prices for groups are:- 1 to 8 persons = £170 pp.

9 to 35 persons = £140 pp

36 upwards = £120 pp

So, the more people that book the cheaper it becomes.

I will on completion of the list supply the details to Land Rover , who will write and send directions and confirmation of time and payment to you.

If you would like to bring a friend, they do not have to be a member of the RRR.

Full payment will be made payable direct to Land Rover on the day of the visit either by credit card / cash. These visits have previously been arranged for members and / or their wives and all have said what a wonderful time and experience they had. "

I think over 36 people is unrealistic given it will prob be on a weekday and will need a major response and commitment from everyone to get it booked. But i think 9+ should be easily manageable. £140pp. If i hear back from LR Experience shall i get some dates etc and see what is the main consensus? wouldn't mind setting this up and making final arrangements, that is if i'm not treading on any toes or anything, as i know i've come wading into this thread late but it seems like a top idea. Wink

Post #13033 Tue Feb 14 2006 11:51pm
ST

I am up for this Kam, I may still be in the D3 though depending on dates etc

Steve Currently: Carbon Black 535d
RIP: RRSTDV6 HSE & DISCO3 HSE

Post #13034 Tue Feb 14 2006 11:52pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Will wait to get some dates back, then will see who is able to come and we will start to compile a draft attendance list..

Post #13035 Tue Feb 14 2006 11:55pm
ST

If general interest is out there then Martin would probably want the thread shifted into events. Would also be worth opening this up to the D3 chaps....... Currently: Carbon Black 535d

Post #13036 Tue Feb 14 2006 11:57pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Yeah i was thinking about the D3 boys, will speak to the ones that are coming on the 26th to the 4x4 day and will try and build some bridges! Hopefully will have heard back from LR and can get some dates rolling around.

Now that we know LR can accomodate loads of people.. i first thought maybe us lot together would be a large enough group, but if we could get up to 35, the cheaper it is for all of us!

Post #13037 Wed Feb 15 2006 12:00am
ST

Good plan,

If Brian (a top D3 man) is going on the 26th he will be able to advise on how best to go about organising (as would Martin) they are both dab hands at it. Brian has done a lot of introduction sessions for many of us 'green' off roaders. All the feedback from the guys who have been has been excellent - I, as yet, have not had the chance to go (my fault!). Will be straight onto it when I get the new car (Not before though as I can't afford to risk any dings on my valuable part ex!!!)

I have only just booked my LRE day - carried over from when I bought my D3 - the nice people at Skipton let me change from a D3 into a RRS (booked in for a week Saturday) I will have off road experience of the car before It lands on the drive!!! Very Happy Very Happy Currently: Carbon Black 535d

Post #13040 Wed Feb 15 2006 12:10am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Cool.. i never got the LRE ticket as mine was an ex demo and technically used, as was registered by another guy as a cancelled order before it went on demo.. am really looking forward to the day, have heard nothing but praise about BN and his days, just got to protect the RRS from any dings etc, its also a very valuable part ex for me for the RS4 but as i have never been off road i HAVE to take it on one day at least before she leaves my company, would be a fool not to.

Post #13041 Wed Feb 15 2006 12:13am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

It amazes me that LR have the cheek to charge £170pp for something that BMW/MINI charge £7 for Shocked Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #13042 Wed Feb 15 2006 12:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

yeah my rockingham trip was free when i went! no offroading, but plenty of ragging the top end models round the track!!

Post #13044 Wed Feb 15 2006 12:15am
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

Kam

PM me you have it all arranged Wink Chips with everything

Post #13054 Wed Feb 15 2006 7:54am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I'm on for this depending on dates. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #13057 Wed Feb 15 2006 8:52am
MDP

United Kingdom 

I would love to do the factory visit - but was looking to make it a FAMILY DAY & include my wife & son. As Mrs MDP is a Head Teacher it would need to be over Easter? or at a weekend Sad 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #13072 Wed Feb 15 2006 11:12am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I'm in Antigua over Easter - Have I mentioned that before? Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #13075 Wed Feb 15 2006 11:18am
MDP

United Kingdom 

YEP Exclamation

Mind you maybe I should be looking at something like Antigua for the family & not a trip to the LR Factory Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #13076 Wed Feb 15 2006 11:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>