RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Fitting the LR roof rack track system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Fitting the LR roof rack track system

I purchased the roof rails many weeks ago, but only got around fitting them today.
It is quite an impressive kit. You also get a bag to store the rails in when you're not using them. The only downside is that the side tracks are now permantly on the car (unless you buy a set of new roof trims), but they look okay. I have uploaded some photos in my gallery.

I found the LR fitting instructions poor. As they contain pictures only, some steps weren't clear and I ended up making a mistake.....so I have written some extra instructions with photos, so others don't make the same mistakes. You can download these from http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...&pos=7
I hope this helps others who come to fit these.

I tried the car this afternoon at motorway speeds with the cross rails fitted. They did produce some extra wind noice, but it was minor and much less than I've experienced on other cars. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #12967 Mon Feb 13 2006 11:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Hi I found the same problem with the rails, however i over came this by just not drilling the holes, i left the trim off when i had the rails fitted and then just put them back on when i take the rails off, I did price up a second set which cam ein at £25 each side but as i have only needed to use it once i didnt bother with a spare set.

Neil R 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #13004 Tue Feb 14 2006 4:59pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

That's interesting to know. For £50 at least I know now that I can return the car back to normal. I don't think it looks too bad with the rails fitted though. You soon get used to them. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #13014 Tue Feb 14 2006 9:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1