RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > Extra high suspension off road
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

super extended mode ?? how it works is it full automatic I never expert it what is the differenace between offroad high and the super extended mode ? also if there is any idication saying that RRS is now in the super extended mode ? sorry guys alot of Q but the reason for all that Q that I got stuck last week and with it's low ratio and it's rear diff lock and now maybe with it's super extended mode helps to got out it was 44 C out side and I was 40 PSI before I got stuck

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Post #126667 Thu Jul 19 2007 1:27pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

It wouldn't have been any help there sportman - it's for when you have grounded your car and the wheels have no traction, the extra height can help you get off what you've grounded yourself on. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #126674 Thu Jul 19 2007 1:57pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

I got mine in super extended mode at the weekend.

Went to get a couple of nails removed from the rear tyres and the guy asked if I had to extend the suspension when removing a tyre. Turns out that the manual does ask that the car is in off road mode for a tyre removal.

Anyway, after they had jacked the rear wheels up to remove them, the car was automagically in super extended mode..... cool. looked awesome too. 2022 P440e AB

Post #126684 Thu Jul 19 2007 3:53pm
Pelyma

England 

Was it extended or super extended? Extended is one above off road.

Post #126687 Thu Jul 19 2007 4:53pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

One above off road. It said so on the LCD screen.

I don't remember what it said. Maybe it just said extended, not super extended?

Am I talking pish? 2022 P440e AB

Post #126699 Thu Jul 19 2007 6:06pm
Pelyma

England 

Laughing That could be extended, not super extended.

Post #126712 Thu Jul 19 2007 7:14pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

Went on the LR driving experience yesterday and they showed me how to manually get it into super extended mode.

You have to be at off-road height and have one wheel on full extension ie. balancing on 3 wheels with one waving in the air - now simply select access height (yes - ACCESS HEIGHT!). The computer decides you are crazy and enters super extended mode.

The tyre depot issue with it going into super extended is a known problem that causes lots of calls to Landrover Assist - particularly as one chain of tyre shop has issued a notice stating any LR vehicle displaying extended suspension and "reset" warnings on the dashboard should not be moved,when all that needs to happen is the suspensionbutton needs pressing to normal height.

Did you know you can adjust the speed of the vehicle when in Hill Descent Control using the Cruise Control +/- buttons.

They also demonstrated the emergency brake and going in and out of high/low ratio whilst on the move. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #129116 Wed Aug 01 2007 1:34pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

mlines wrote:

Did you know you can adjust the speed of the vehicle when in Hill Descent Control using the Cruise Control +/- buttons.

Oh yes! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #129117 Wed Aug 01 2007 1:41pm
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

mlines wrote:
Went on the LR driving experience yesterday and they showed me how to manually get it into super extended mode.

You have to be at off-road height and have one wheel on full extension ie. balancing on 3 wheels with one waving in the air - now simply select access height (yes - ACCESS HEIGHT!). The computer decides you are crazy and enters super extended mode.

The tyre depot issue with it going into super extended is a known problem that causes lots of calls to Landrover Assist - particularly as one chain of tyre shop has issued a notice stating any LR vehicle displaying extended suspension and "reset" warnings on the dashboard should not be moved,when all that needs to happen is the suspensionbutton needs pressing to normal height.

They also demonstrated the emergency brake and going in and out of high/low ratio whilst on the move.

Hi/Lo on the move?? Pray tell. GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #129120 Wed Aug 01 2007 1:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mlines

United Kingdom 

Its quite straight forward really, its just being bave enough to try it in the first place. . Simply knock the gearbox into neutral as you are travelling and press Hi/Low as required. If the vehicle is travelling below 25mph it will drop into low ratio, if it is above 25mph it will sound the "you are an idiot" bong and stay in high. Then drop it back into drive again. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #129121 Wed Aug 01 2007 2:00pm
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

fair enough, if you need LO chances are your not on the road and selecting Neutral should be free of scaring the Censored out of you.

one to try Thumbs Up GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #129122 Wed Aug 01 2007 2:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer

United Kingdom 

The vehicle will enter extended mode automatically when it's grounded and none of the wheels have traction as described above, when it does this if you keep your foot on the brake and press the suspension lever up after about 5 seconds it will go into super extended mode

Matzker suspension kit comes in two parts, both parts will cost you about £4k Shocked Part 1 is the electrickery that reprograms the sensors and allows you to select different heights above and below access/normal/off-road modes. Part 2 is a new set of air-shocks (and possibly other suspension components) that will enable you to get the full benefit of Part 1
D3 wise (and presumably the same for the Sport) the kit seems to be more biased towards changing on-road handling than off-road. Off-road we've proved that we can get a standard D3 to go places that a Matzker equipped one won't, though driver skill was part of the reason for that (no point in having all the toys if you don't know how to use them!)

Post #129146 Wed Aug 01 2007 6:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12