RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > DEALER CAR CONFIGURATION?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Michael997

United Kingdom 
DEALER CAR CONFIGURATION?

When I collected my RRS the hand over was a bit of a rush etc and so I never got round to asking what features of the car can be configured to my preference for example one touch windows, speed related wipers, multi flash lane change indicators, audible alarm set, head lights on when approaching car, auto dim sat/nav etc etc etc.
Anyone know what is available? Michael
2013 RRS diesel Autobiography Dynamic

Post #12831 Sat Feb 11 2006 6:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

From memory, Overspeed warning, Follow me Home lights, reverse dip mirrors, auto locking. All these are available on the indicator stork by pressing the 'i' bitton and using the up/down button on the right of the steering wheel. Check your manual for full spec. Depending on spec other functions are available through the sat nav screen, voice, language, brightness etc. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #12832 Sat Feb 11 2006 7:12pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

One touch windows = Aren't they already set?
speed related wipers = selector one from off on the stalk, not speed related but rain related (well they are supposed to be).

Multi flash lane change indicators = Don't think thats available, but could be wrong, traditional on/off on the RRS unfortunately

Audible alarm set = No longer available on manufcaturer standard alarm systems, something about noise pollution legislation or some Censored , lights flash when you lock/unlock though, and you can actually hear them going clonk when they lock/unlock so will have to do.

Head lights on when approaching car: You can set your landrover button to control either the headlights on/off, boot (top bit) release, or access height suspension i think, i chose lights on/off, as you can accidentally open the boot lid when putting the massive key in/out of jeans etc as you walk away from car.

Auto dim sat/nav: There is a setting to turn off the screen in the main menu area i think, i haven't found a setting for the screen to go off after a short period or anything, but as can be read in other posts on here, the sat nav seems to flicker randomly anyway sometimes.

The indicator stalk on your rrs, press the button on the side of it, and flick through the various bits on the on board computer in the dash display, will come to settings there, you can turn on/off certain things with the car, such as drive away locking, light delay, one lock unlock etc.. quite good saves going to dealership (unlike Bmw) and gives owner a bit of control over driver choice options.

Post #12833 Sat Feb 11 2006 7:14pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Beat me to it VA.. you 'over 1 k posters'...
too quick for us mere mortals!!

Post #12834 Sat Feb 11 2006 7:15pm
Michael997

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the info, but I was thinking more of things that can only be done at the dealer, in the past when I have ordered a new car I have been asked for my prefered settings which the dealer has then set before the handover.
I think speed related wipers is mentioned somewhere as one such option and sometimes settings for export models only can be enabled if the dealer is jolly. Michael
2013 RRS diesel Autobiography Dynamic

Post #12835 Sat Feb 11 2006 7:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

Not sure on that one Michael, i had mine as standard UK setup, and tweaked the other bits and bobs to get it to my liking. Trip to the dealers i reckon unless someone on here has already asked the question?

Let us know if you find anything out.

Post #12838 Sat Feb 11 2006 7:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1