RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > My RRS is ill..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kam100

United Kingdom 
My RRS is ill..

After the little hiccup the other day with the cold start taking a while...
Yesterday the engine coolant light kept coming on and off like it sometimes likes to do, and then when i got home the little yellow light on left of dash with arrows pointing side to side and a message came up in the dash saying suspension fault, normal height only. Basically my pump has finnally gone.

Went into LR to tell them, and the guy said, to speed things up, go home, and ring LR assist, that way you'll get a car, and have it sorted asap. I did that, but LR won't assist on this, as its non damaging to the car, i.e. is simply locked into normal height mode, so they said its safe to drive about and to book in at local garage even if it takes a week.

So being ill right now, and not being bothered to speak with anyone else or cause a fuss, just rang up stratstone and booked it in for next weds.. no courtesy car available till 22nd feb! but i think i would prefer to hoon around in the megane 2.0 hatch that we have rather then a base model crappylander that they like to hand out..

Knew my car was doing too well, tempted fate too many times saying mine was doing well with no problems, still only the 2nd or 3rd visit in 5.5 months so still not too bad in comparison to my previous cars from other marques.

Post #12162 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:08pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Kam - it's is Interantional Angry Day today so please feel free to really vent off. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #12166 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:12pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Any other day yes.. for some reason with car dealers i ALWAYS get arsey and demand service then and there and get as much out of them as possible, but other service providers don't get that reaction from me!? but today, i simply don't have the energy to, my head feels like its going to explode and my nose is like a tap! which is great.. sitting at home feeling sorry for myself, good thing imnot driving the rrs about much today, otherwise it would really annoy me.

Its like the car knows that there is another car on the way, so its thinking, right sod ya then! they have their own minds im telling you!!

Post #12169 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:18pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I think you're right Kam - the day I sold my M3, I was taking some last minute photos of it for posterity and I did my neck in for no apparent reason. Off work for a week and several painful visits to the chiropractor. Lesson learnt: never sell your M3, it will bite Wink

PS: Get well soon, Kam! Smile 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #12170 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:19pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Thanks Schmoogle.. Illness has come just in time for the weekend as well!!
Am suppoed to be down in guilford on sunday to see my brother in law and help with the wedding plans for my sister. Looks like i won't be taking the RRS and i may not even be driving if i don't get any better! first time i have been a passenger with my family since i turned 17.. and for good reason! may take some sleepy tablets and make it all dissapear as its likely to be very scary with my dad making his attempt at driving.

Post #12172 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:24pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Oh and i actually thought about my previous cars the other day and realised i hadn't got many snaps of them, took the time to get them developed off my computer for the ones i had and have only been able to go back two cars, nothing of my 318ci or of my little hatchbacks before that.. feels kind of sad..

Post #12173 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:26pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Kam you dont sound too good Sad

My advice.............

10 pints of Guiness followed bythe hottest curry you can stand Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #12174 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:28pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Well dunno bout the guiness, i don't drink so reckon 10 would kill me..
but im sure my mum could muster me up a VERY VERY hot curry tonight when she gets back from work.. saying that i was supposed to be going for a curry for my mates birthday, maybe i should order the hottest thing on the menu then..
Odd i've just realised, i am ill and so is my RRS.. maybe we are linked now!! like ET and Elliot!! haha.. now i really am showing how insane i am getting couped up in the house all alone!

Post #12175 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:30pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I've been couped up at home for the past 6 months!! It does drive you mental... but not for much longer, this assignment finishes next Friday so then I'll probably find I actually have to do some work in return for my invoices getting paid. In the words of Unlucky Alf from the Fast Show... " Censored !" 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #12180 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:38pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

THings always seem worse when your defences are down, I felt like that over the new year when I was ill in bed for about 4 days.

You and the car will get better, chin up, rest over the w/e, have a few brandies, numb the aches and pains! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #12182 Fri Feb 03 2006 3:52pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Well im better, was good to drive to london on sunday in the end..
drove my dads 7 series down, and really enjoyed nailing it down the motorways (at 70 of course).. return trip at 1.30am, got back from watford in 50 mins flat.. door to door, doing 70 again(obviously)

My RRS went in yesterday, for suspension fault and coolant sensor, they had to keep it in last night as they had to order parts in.. and its not ready to pick up, leaving the office in a couple of minutes to go get her.
Lets see how many miles they have "road TESTED" her and how grubby they have got it.. i am all better now, so feel a moan coming on.. plus have had a real stressful week, so need to vent my anger!

Post #12680 Thu Feb 09 2006 5:57pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Got it back tonight.. and it seems to be as good as new, no complaints from me, and no need to vent any anger.. even washed, not vac'd but can't expect it all, it is after all an LR dealer!

Remembered to set the memory for my seat before i left it, so no worries getting that back in position and it doesn't look like its been joyridden this time. All in all nice smooth repair job, but was lucky i have got another car to use if the RRs fails on me..

Good to have it back on the driveway and driving the 4 speed auto megane has driven me crazy the last two days, it never changes up after you nail the thing..and i only got an average of 21mpg out of it!! s**t heap..

Post #12712 Thu Feb 09 2006 9:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1