RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Skiing and car change costs (was DV8 engine)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

How about a RRS big ski meet in France/Austria/Switzerland? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #12657 Thu Feb 09 2006 3:56pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I have driven all the way to Cervinia in Italy before. A realy great drive which takes you through the Mont Blanc Tunnel - Aosta Valley & then some great " Italian Job " roads Cool

But I suppose us lazy lot will want to fly Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #12669 Thu Feb 09 2006 4:18pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Fly - my arse! The only flying I would be doing is in the bar! imagine the picture of the RRSport club with a soding big mountain in the background! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #12672 Thu Feb 09 2006 4:39pm
ST

MDP - will be checking out those photo's later........I have some stunning ones that will make you jealous as hell - may even motivate you into grabbing a week before the end of the season Wink

VA - top idea!!!!

Keith, will have a little shimy at those links tonight.

Kam,

You ask any of us about pro's and cons of taking up skiing and you will get a solid, resounding DO IT!!! - it makes the prosepect of winter so attractive. Everyone around has a long face on - you rub your hands together at the prospect of a couple of expeditions into the snow. Whistling down a mountain on one or two planks of wood along with serious partying in the evenings.

It is no more expensive at the start than a good summer holiday, it only get's pricey when you start forking out for your own kit. MDP's advice is spot on - get a gang of mates together who have never been before and get enrolled in SHKI SHCOOL! All of the big tour operators do winter ski packages.......my best man spent two years working as a tour operator before becoming an instructor.

Once it get's into your blood it will never get out.......... Currently: Carbon Black 535d
RIP: RRSTDV6 HSE & DISCO3 HSE

Post #12673 Thu Feb 09 2006 4:41pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I went last winter after a 12 year cap. It's in my blood again. I went to Vald'Isere with two mates. It took me nearly all week to find my nerve, but wow! what amazing thrill.
Here's a photo I took from near the top of La Grande Motte at 3656m (12,000 ft). It looks like I've taken if from the plane, but if you look closely at the bottom of the picture, you can see the run down and the skiers!

Was wondering whether to drive to a resort this year with wife and daughter. Neither have skiied before and they fancied the car so they could have some freedom if they don't get on with the skiing.[/img] Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #12694 Thu Feb 09 2006 5:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Sorry, that didn't work properly. See full size photo at http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...&pos=5

Also, should say "12 year gap"! Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #12695 Thu Feb 09 2006 5:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ST

Have added pics to my gallery.......didn't realise I was picture-less!!! Forgot to upload again after moving from D3.co.uk to RRS!! Shocked Currently: Carbon Black 535d
RIP: RRSTDV6 HSE & DISCO3 HSE

Post #12710 Thu Feb 09 2006 8:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12