Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Factory PTI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

nigelpugh

United Kingdom 
Factory PTI

Guys,

Hope you dont mind me also posting this here, but its essential about the same system so would welcome any feedback too.

Thanks, Nige.

Hi Guys, sorry for not posting for some time, work pressures and all that.

I have some info and questions again re the B/T and Factory PTI.

First a quick back-grounder for those that don't know me.

I took delivery of my new D3 TDV6 HSE back in November of 2004.

As it was one of the very first UK cars, I was told I could not have the factory fit PTI, and would need to wait until the B/T retrofit came along.

By the time I was really fed up with using headsets, I finally ordered the two options that make up the b/t retro fit kit.

I should say at this point that my dealer told me when I ordered it that it would include a charging cradle, to the effect that they even had me buy a new mobile, a Nokia 6230, as it was one of the few that were supported.

The install was carried out which took over two days, when I did collect the vehicle there was no cradle, my dealership told them that LR had misinformed them.

I did get the new buttons on the steering wheel for answer, end and voice activation.

However the whole setup was very bad, with poor call quality, no support for call waiting(it just hangs up the first call), the voice instructions from sat nav, speak over the top of the voice from the telephone call, if you have the TP traffic info on the radio this just cuts off the call when interrupting etc.

But the real problem is that because there is no external aerial, and you end up putting the phone in the drinks tray, calls are dropped almost every call as the strength fails on the phone signal, as the d3 seems to be a great faraday cage.

Now I should also say at this point I had spoken to LR technical about this, who have told me that there will be a new version of s/w for the b/t option I have that will fix some problems, but my local LR dealer knows nothing of this.

I also asked them about actually retro fitting the proper pti kit, but they said it was not possible as my vehicle had a glass roof.

I then forgot about it for a while, but recently had so many calls drop due to bad signal strength that I decided to look into it further.

So before I continue on this track I have some questions.

Can I have a response from the d3 owners on this web site who have:

A: a retro fit bluetooth kit
B: the original factory PTI.

Feedback on your thoughts on both is required.

Then if you guys are all interested, I shall begin with the rest of this book at bedtime story.

Hoping for lots of response!!

Cheers

Nige.

Post #1260 Thu Jul 28 2005 6:28pm
Biggles

England 

Nigel,

I may be in a better position than most,
I currently have a RRS with the factory install PTI, Which when coupled with the cradle will allow you to view most of the contacts in the phone and sim directory but not as far as I am aware any sub menus (Ie a lot of my contacts have more than one number, for example one fitter has one business phone one personal and one home but I can only view the default number I choose) I can also view missed and recieved calls and all this is displayed on the radio screen and when using the steering controls it is also displayed on the dash.I have my phone charged and excellent reception and no drop puts up to now with this method.

If i leave the phone in my pocket I loose all this functionality and can only recieve and end calls with the steering controls,

The two Disco3 owners where in the same boat as you when you first started posting on Disco3, The dealer had promised the update to full use as I have outlined in the full factory install. however they are both still using only the bluetooth side of the system with the two steering controls and voice through the stereo speakers. Comminication through this method has never been any problem though both have now got use to only having half of what was promised and I can vouch for the system fitted to these cars for the reliability of connection.

If I can help in any other way please post further. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1261 Thu Jul 28 2005 7:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1