RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > GPS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DAVIS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green
GPS

My onboard Nav is in need of a exorcism! It knows my exact location, however it is giving me random information with regard to the entered destination. Put another way, it wants to send me miles in the wrong direction. Has anyone had or is having this problem?

Post #12402 Mon Feb 06 2006 8:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Davis,
Have you checked to make sure that the road preferences are set appropriately? If you have it set to use 'Motorways/Interstates; Toll roads, etc., it might be trying to route you far out of your way to use the pre-set roads. Otherwise I have no idea.
Bish

PS How's the snow in Tahoe? I'm thinking of taking the family there again this year for spring break. '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #12422 Tue Feb 07 2006 2:20am
DAVIS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green

Bish,

Thanks for the reply, as it turns out the GPS map reset itself to the East Coast? I went through the re-set procedures, got it back to Calif/Nevada and we are back in business. Lucky that I don't follow directions, I would by now be in Iowa.

The snow in Tahoe is great, currently we are having a warm spell, however at 7500' there is lots of powder. If you come our way let us know, we could set up the first ever Tahoe RRSport rally!

Post #12536 Wed Feb 08 2006 3:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

Mine is a bit random too. Hardly use it but when i do its not very impressive.
Scenario: Used it a couple of weekends ago to find a house, and was very late for a viewing appointment, and thankfully it got me there with no hiccups and led me to the door.

Ended up buying that house, so when i was going back to show my sister, i got to a main road nearby and looked for the address in the memory but its no longer there!? so entered it in manually again, and now it was saying approx 90 miles away and sending me down the motorway! this place is a residential suburb hell with culdesacs and no through roads etc..

If i hadn't been in a rush the first time round, would have remembered the route, but was not paying much attention, haven't tried to go back there yet, but will have to next week when it completes and becomes my house! nightmare.. sent a contractor round there to measure up, and he had great difficulty finding it too, so don't fancy my chances with our sat nav systems!

Post #12559 Wed Feb 08 2006 1:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1