RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Sat Nav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
Sat Nav

anybody know if it is possible to have a after market sat nav system fitted into the same space as the factory fitted one.

Post #1253 Thu Jul 28 2005 3:59pm
Biggles

England 

Scorpio,
You not got sat nav as standard?. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1255 Thu Jul 28 2005 4:39pm
caporajm

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

XM has a Delfi Mi-Fi which I bought before my RRS. It works great. You would have to play it through the radio which is fine. And you can get it installed so no cords are shown. Also, with that unit, you can take it out and plug it into speakers directly at home without paying any more money. RRS S/C Special Edition, Vesuvius

Post #1257 Thu Jul 28 2005 5:35pm
scorpio

sat nav

\i have se model, not worth paying out extra £2000 for fitting something that will be very rarely used.plus having se immediately available for delivery was more suitable for me

Post #1259 Thu Jul 28 2005 6:27pm
grommet

United States 

scorpio, various systems can fit into the space. I've seen it done on Disco 3/LR3 numerous times. Same space limitations. Check with a custom installer; the quality and fit of the install depends more on them.

Post #1262 Thu Jul 28 2005 8:23pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Dunno for sure but if you have a model where there is no screen...would a Tom Tom fit there very nicely? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1283 Fri Jul 29 2005 2:02pm
scorpio

RRUK

have tried tom tom, and gamin, they would not work, because of the electrically heated wind screen,. dealers say it needs a aerial, similar to the old fashioned parking light . with wires going to unit. tx

Post #1292 Fri Jul 29 2005 7:54pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

The best sat nav system is TrafficMaster's SmartNav. I have had this for two years in my other vehicles. I now have the standard touch screen system in our Range Rover Sport which would cost £2,000. SmartNav is a much better system in many ways.

With any GPS system you will have the problem with the antenna. They need to be mounted externally as heated or heat-reflective windscreens stop the internal antennas working. This means drilling a hole in the roof (or replacing the existing roof antenna - doesn't apply to a RRS). I've done it on my other vehicles and if it is done properly there is no reason to worry. It still hurts when you do it though!

PS. We're a SmartNav dealer if you're interested one. We keep them in stock. I'm not saying it is the best becuase we sell it. I signed up as a dealer because I was so impressed with the system and I was showing others who were then going off and buying it elsewhere. I've tried many sat nav systems and I can honestly say that SmartNav wins in each case. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1297 Fri Jul 29 2005 10:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1