RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Phone problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

The multiple connections feature (often referred to as Call Waiting in the US) is only supported with cradled phones, not when using Bluetooth. The manual may not specifically say so, but that's the way it is, whether your phone is on the LR approved Bluetooth list or not. Attempting to answer a 2nd incoming call with the steering wheel "Answer" paddle does not work, and even using the handset keypad to switch between calls often causes the LCD in the car to freeze - with one or two calls shown as active - even after you hang up. Both End Call paddle on steering wheel and End key on handset do nothing and the radio stays muted, as if you are still on the phone.

With my Motorola V710 I can usually get the system (and the radio) back right away by breaking and restoring the BT link through the handset - I have created a shortcut on the main menu of the V710 that allows me to do that in a couple of keystrokes. However, I don't try answering incoming calls anymore when I am already on the phone in the car, I just let them go to voicemail and hope for the best when I hang up... Some dealers here actually recommend turning off Call Waiting entirely (if the carrier allows it) prior to connecting the phone to the PTI system via Bluetooth. 

Post #11322 Tue Jan 24 2006 11:35pm
rweintra

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

Well, I have a cradle too, and just tried call waiting it with the cradle (which is supposed to work); doesn't work either. I tried hitting the menu button and going to "swap calls", but that didn't work. I hit the green paddle, that didn't work either. I don't know what to do now. I guess just let the second call go to voicemail. How annoying!

Also, does anybody have the problem that the "hold call" in the menu options doesn't work? How about the phonebook being downloaded? Maybe I should just buy a different car?

Post #12278 Sun Feb 05 2006 7:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12