RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Land Rover roof bars and roof/luggage box
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Land Rover roof bars and roof/luggage box

After our week away in our new RR Sport, we struggled with luggage space (as the dog takes up most of the boot). Therefore, I'm shortly going to purchase my first roof box. I've been looking at various websites at the vast range of roof boxes available. Does anyone here own the original Land Rover roof box that is shown in the RR Sport accesstories brochure (450 litre box - part no. CAK500010)? If so, do you have any photos you could email me of it fitted to a RR Sport? The photo in the brochure only shows a picture from above, so you can't see the shape of the box. Also, do you know what brand this box is - as I assume it is just a rebadged box?

I would also need to buy the RR Sport roof rails and cross bars. Does anyone have these yet? It would seem that the plastic track on the roof has to be removed to gain access to the mountings for this. Anyone done this yet? Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1136 Sat Jul 23 2005 5:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 

For a few more 3D shots, try: http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Ra...s_tool.htm

Post #1137 Sat Jul 23 2005 5:52pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

MPWOX11, ref. your dog?

Have you sorted out any dog-guard yet for your RRS? as there is nothing in situ ( like the retractable net in the RR ) to keep your dog from poking its head over the rear seats.

The only things that LR are selling as accessories at present seem not thought out or custom fit. They look to cumbersome. IE.

Any ideas.......... Confused

Thanks Martin (MDP) 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #1167 Mon Jul 25 2005 9:04am
d3matt

Dogs in a RRS

I agree, the Land Rover dog guard wasn't really an option - it was too permantent, looked difficult to remove and didn't really suit the 'luxury' of the RRS. Instead I got a DogBag from http://www.dog-bag.co.uk/
We have a Golden Retreiver and went for the medium sized bag. It is an *excellent* product and in my view beats using any other form of dog guard. Becuase it is fabric, the top of it just bends in when the hatch is shut (as it does hit the glass on the RRS). You can simply remove it and we use it as a dog bed/kennel inside the house. In the car, the dog is kept self contained which leaves one third of the boot free for other stuff, without the dog getting it dirty or damaged. Also, all the hairs are kept within the dog bag and you get no slobber over the glass of the car - which is it's best virtues! It comes with a flap that protects the bumper when the dog is jumping in or out. Our dog likes it too, as it is her own private space and as he take it out of the car each trip, she sleeps in it at night in the house.
We have the RRS loadspace mat (EAH500090PMA - £83 inc VAT) and the DogBag (£90 inc VAT), which I think is the perfec solution. Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1168 Mon Jul 25 2005 9:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

MPWOX11,

Thanks very much, what a great idea,just wish somone had pointed these out to me years ago.The fact they also prevent the your dog slobbering all over the windows is fantastic Smile

We have a yellow lab and my parents have a black lab...... this will be ideal

Once again a BIG THANKS 

Post #1169 Mon Jul 25 2005 9:29am
MDP

United Kingdom 

MPWOX11,

Dont suppose you've got any pics of Dog bag in RRS ? ( with dig in maybee) ? 

Post #1173 Mon Jul 25 2005 10:13am
d3matt

I went to take some photos this morning, but the boot is loaded up with stuff for the dump. I'll get rid of this today and take some photos later. Matt

Post #1174 Mon Jul 25 2005 10:15am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Cheers, thanks for that , look forward to seeing them in due course Very Happy 

Post #1175 Mon Jul 25 2005 10:19am
d3matt

MDP,

I have uploaded the photos of the DogBag in the car. As you can see, it still leaves 1/3 of the boot space free. Also notice the side picture and how little of the bag protrudes from the top (i.e. not much get's squashed when the hatch is shut).
Note, you really need to remove the retractable cover to allow the DogBag to fit close to the rear seats. Matt

Post #1185 Mon Jul 25 2005 1:34pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Thanks Matt, your RRS looks great,hope you are pleased with it.Also your dog looks happy too, bet he get excited getting in the RRS thinking he was off out for the day or something? The dog-bag fits well and looks as though it does the job. One other question, forgott to ask earlier, does it impede your rear view vision?

Thanks again

Martin Very Happy 

Post #1188 Mon Jul 25 2005 3:19pm
d3matt

Dog bag

Yes, it does impede the rear vision. The DogBack goes right to the roof, so your rear vision out is blocked by two thirds. I don't find it a problem as you can still see just enough and the mirrors are so large on the RRS anyway.

By the way, the mirrors need blind spot mirrors adding. You would of thought that a £40K car would have these! I've just ordered some cheap round stick on mirrors. Matt

Post #1189 Mon Jul 25 2005 3:27pm
MDP

United Kingdom 
Re: Dog bag

mpwox11 wrote:
Yes, it does impede the rear vision. The DogBack goes right to the roof, so your rear vision out is blocked by two thirds. I don't find it a problem as you can still see just enough and the mirrors are so large on the RRS anyway.

By the way, the mirrors need blind spot mirrors adding. You would of thought that a £40K car would have these! I've just ordered some cheap round stick on mirrors.

Yes it is poor, even the £60k RR Vogue didnt have blind spot mirrors, I'm sure there must be some aftermarket supplier who can do specific custom fit glass/mirrors for the RRS wing mirrors? 

Post #1191 Mon Jul 25 2005 4:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1