Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Need a new windscreen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Need a new windscreen

Hi guys,

Well it was only a matter of time, car in front of me flicked up some road grit and cracked my windscreen.

has anyone got any advice after having a replacement, I would like land Rover to do it but not sure how i should approach that with the insurance company as they will want to use RAC etc, at least with LR its a LR badged windscreen and if i have any problems i know they will be more than helpfull.

Any advice would be apprieated

Neil

PS why cant we brits use liquid road salt like the europeans it would be far kinder on the vehicles, bet its a cost thing. dont you just love this country Sad 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #11187 Mon Jan 23 2006 5:17pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Thats bad news Sad

Speak to your dealer/service re what you should do - then liase with your insurance company to check if your cover will allow a dealer fit or ins/fit but at LR dealer under their supervision ? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #11192 Mon Jan 23 2006 5:21pm
Slimer

United Kingdom 

No matter who fits it the screen will come from LR. Just had mine replaced on the D3 and the fitter (Autoglass) had to order the screen from the local dealer as only LR ones are available thankfully.
Apparently a D3 heated screen with rain sensor cost about £900 Shocked and due to Autoglass mucking me about I didn't even have to pay the £50 excess Very Happy 

Post #11208 Mon Jan 23 2006 7:20pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I found with screens on other 'premium' vehicles that the screens from the boys like AutoGlass or RAC etc are the same as the manufacturer original anyway. You're probably better off going through your insurance company and letting them appoint their approved fitter. You find that these guys that do it day in day out, know what they are doing. It might be worth offering to take it to a local depot though, as you often find that a manager overseas the work and it gets done inside. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #11210 Mon Jan 23 2006 7:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

The wife's Freelander just managed to pick up a big stone chip at the weekend. She phones up her insurers that put her straight through to Autoglass. They say the screen will need replacing and that they'll send a Bod out in the morning to do the work. Morning comes, Bod turns up without a windscreen. He was told it was just a repair, he says. Bod then looks at windscreen and says "no, I can't repair that, you'll need a replacement". Wife complains at Bod for working for a company full of fools. Bod agrees and says "they are all idiots in the office" and agrees not to take windscreen excess.

Moral of the story - beware Autoglass, for they are f**kwits. Rolling Eyes 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #11258 Tue Jan 24 2006 11:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1