RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Thinking about chipping the FFRRV TD6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Havank

Had the A2 TDi chipped two weeks ago at Stealth Racing in Warwichshire. I did do a lot of calling arround, and yes these chippers are arrogant, and cocky

But these guys up at Stealth Racing know there Censored , had the car chipped on the rolling road, and it is marvelous

Just give them a call, they are part of REVO remap, but do also there own one, which is a lot cheaper and BETTER and more important they do OFFER GROUP DISCOUNT. (we have that for the A2 forum)

Post #108427 Sun May 13 2007 12:21pm
chorlton

I contacted the TC office 3 times and didnt even get a phone call back Sad

Post #108473 Sun May 13 2007 3:02pm
MikeP

United Kingdom 

My friend who has the FFRR TD6 Vouge had his chipped only recently by a company called Paramount Performance.
They're a good company and I believe they stick the car on a rolling road and plug something in to somewhere? Question Which remaps or adjusts the ECU.
If I remember correctly he had I think it was a 60bhp boost and along the lines of 80-90ft/lb of torque.

They were really good, picked and dropped off with a 4.6is X5 as a courtesy car. Not sure if this is for everyone as he's known them for a while. Was £350 as well if I can remember correctly. Michael Potter
Rangey Lover/BMW Driver

Post #108479 Sun May 13 2007 4:26pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Had a call from Alastair today, the TC dealer that RRUK had contacted.
Alastair had been alerted to this thread by another satisfied customer who was concerned.

I had recommended Alastair after re flashing my D3 twice after it had been overwritten by dealers, he had gone out of his way on both occasions to do this for me and this was even after he had not made anything from the original tune as this had been done by Chris at TC.
Alastair had also gone out of his way to return a call I made to him when my car had a problem (not TC related) as he rang me from the airport where he was waiting to jet off on holiday.

I think RRUK has been a little unfair, TC have a policy of the discount only being applied to the correct cars, really this is fair enough or I could ring and ask for a discount to chip my Merc just because I am an RRS forum member.
Also RRUK only contacted Alastair by email, Alastair did ask RRUK to ring to discuss options but he did not.

I stand by my recommendation of Alastair and regret the reaction that I gave after RRUK's post.

If this post makes me unpopular then so be it but I know there are other members on here totally satisfied with Alastair's service and pricing and also many more on Disco3.

Cliff

Post #108826 Tue May 15 2007 5:20pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Cliff, I have no issues with anyone, you or Alastair. as I said to him in an email, I just felt his reply over email to someone who was a potential customer with 2 hot leads was not particularly customer friendly.

If it had been my business, I would have done things differently. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I expressed it, Alastair seems to have taken it quite to heart, and he is entitled to his opinion.

In summary all I can say is, I have no interest in upsetting anyone who is working hard to make a living, my considered reaction was based on his reply. Had his reply been different, then perhaps so would my reaction.

If and when I decide to get my TD6 chipped, I will choose the supplier based on all the responses I get, not just a price point.

I will take out the two words that Alastair finds offending, however, it will not alter my personal opinion. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #108909 Tue May 15 2007 8:17pm
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

----

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 9:32am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #109237 Thu May 17 2007 8:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chorlton

I spoke to Alastair yesterday and he sounds like a nice guy but his 'hands are tied' with the his pricing as apparently TC HQ sets the price structure. He doesnt like doing cash jobs as he has to buy all his products + vat so it means he still has to pay the tax man the VAT he 'collects' cash or otherwise.

I have phoned around and got a quote from a guy called Darren in London who resells tuning software from Italy and he can do TD6's for 400 cash and TDV6's for 450 cash. All upgrades via OBD and free re-flash if dealer overwrites the software.

JE wanted £600 + vat, SChips wanted £500 + vat, DMS wanted a 'whopping' £850 + vat....someone's taking the p*ss with pricing I suspect!!

Darren can also do an 'individual' program for my car so if I only want 30bhp thats not a problem too. I asked Alastair about this option and he said that he can only program the car with one power level and thats it Sad

If anyone's interested Darren can be contacted on 07949 071199

And no he's not a friend for the sceptics out there just someone who seemed to know a lot of stuff and was happy to do a 'deal'

Post #109242 Thu May 17 2007 9:51am
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

----

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 9:32am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #109244 Thu May 17 2007 10:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chorlton

Sorry...am I missing something here??

Post #109339 Thu May 17 2007 6:33pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think Tasmod is trying to point out to you that you are publicly announcing the contact details of someone who is prepared to avoid declaring UK tax in exchange for cash deals! The Tax Inspector watches all.

Also that you indicate you are located in the US, whilst the tuners you mention are in the UK! Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #109343 Thu May 17 2007 6:40pm
chorlton

Thanks..is there anything wrong in paying cash for a service....surely it's down to the installer to worry about whether he pays his tax or not?

I've spoken to Darren again and his is VAT registered and includes VAT in all his cash sales...he just does it cheaper than anyone else.

Thanks for the feedback

ps I have now moved to Mars (just north of Watford Gap)

Post #109394 Fri May 18 2007 4:05am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
An update

Spoke to Annette at JE Engineering yesterday, taking advantage of their half price in June offer and what a nice person to talk too. If that wasn't enough I also had an email from John thanking me for getting in touch via the website and giving me all the information I need.

What a pleasant company to deal with. Hopefully the end result will be great too, I know some of you on here have recommended JE. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #110449 Wed May 23 2007 3:06pm
PaulB

England 

I know I've said this before, but it is worth going to see JE, they always have something interesting in the workshop. They currently have a very early Range Rover that they have just totally restored for an Arabian Prince at huge cost, but it's a beautiful job and better than new.

Paul

Post #111429 Mon May 28 2007 10:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12