RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Blue tooth woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

KevinJM

Yugoslavia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Blue tooth woes

As mentioned in the BT thread started by nixter, I had the bluetooth PTI retro fitted. Went to the service to get the car back today and they told me they hadn't dealt with this type of fitting so they didn't know how to proceed. They will now call LR tomorrow to see what to do next.

Anyone know what could be the cause of the problem? The bluetooth appears not to be transmitting and is consequently not located by any phone. When I press the phone button on the wheel it switches on phone mode which then refuses to be cancelled. Then ignition needs to be off for a full 15 minutes before it resets and the radio/CD functions and voice commands work again.

all help appreciated as I want to pin the service guys down tomorrow. RRS TDV6 (gone)
RRS TDV8 HSE(gone, burned out)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #47387 Tue Aug 01 2006 4:56pm
alan13henderson

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Did you get a fix for this?
my 06 HSE has exactly the same problem.
once selected, it wont drop the phone connection also it will not pair with a phone device.

Post #64825 Fri Nov 03 2006 4:20pm
GefRRspts350

Australia 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
Bluetooth Woes / Install

Kevin,

Am about to undertake similar.

Have a look at http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp
download and print off/review installation steps 152 to 155. It is VERY easy to install the incorrect connection via existing and new wiring loom socket - as you will see.

I suggest you download and discuss with your installer / dealer.

I shall be printing off and seaking to discuss install method (& quality methods) of the install so I dont have to drop the car back in. One would think they would take good care of installation and do there Quality reviews at every stage to ensure correct install.

Most likely this is the REAL problem you have.

Good luck, trust it helps you 2011 RRS HSE TDV6 (Alaska/Ebony & Piano Black - Premium/Tow/Rear Lock Diff/Premium ICE/20" Stormers
2006 RRS SE TDV6 (Chawton/Ebony) - GONE!!

Geoff Smile

Post #65268 Tue Nov 07 2006 6:26am
KevinJM

THis is an old post of mine, funny it's popped back up again, I must have forgotten to inform what happened. The LR people (Land Rover Netherlands) were very snotty about the whole thing, even trying to persuade me that I didn't have a real LR kit fitted (because I had it done in Zagreb; so back to the dealer who got hacked off and fixed it himself, took it out, reconnected wiring and it worked fine.

A word of caution however, if your mobile is NOT on the "supported" list, it may Censored up your phone. It works perfectly with my Nokia 9300i, but I have also a QTEK smart phone which is now back for repair as a result of pairing. Seems the bluetooth pairing disconnected the mic in my phone and won't allow it to reset. RRS TDV6 (gone)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #65314 Tue Nov 07 2006 4:19pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

G,day i have a problem with my blue tooth as well, but mine is factory fitted, it wont recieve any blue tooth at all, so its booked into the dealer to sort out, but they say that this is the first time they have come accros this. Sad some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #65902 Sat Nov 11 2006 1:24am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

KevinJM wrote:
I have also a QTEK smart phone which is now back for repair as a result of pairing. Seems the bluetooth pairing disconnected the mic in my phone and won't allow it to reset.

Thanks greatly for the head up on this Kevin...I also have a HTC device which I was about to try and pair...I'll hold off on that plan now. Shocked 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #65906 Sat Nov 11 2006 7:39am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
HTC 620S

Just an update on the problems with trying to pair an HTC phone with the LR bluetooth PTI. I did manage to pair my HTC 620S but nothing happened - it just pairs....more recently, I tried to pair it again and then found - as we had been warned in this thread, that the ringer would no longer sound, I could not be heard when speaking and could not hear the caller either....everything went back to normal after two restarts of the phone.

In other news...we just crested 10,000 km on this trip to Paris...still a lovely ride. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #107856 Wed May 09 2007 3:50pm
KevinJM

I finally wrote a long complaining letter to the LR Dealer who had retro-fitted the PTI for me and both e-mailed and faxed it to him. He called me back almost immediately and told me to bring it in so that he could install a new unit for me. On the way (its 400km away) I also got a warning on the dash that the coolant level was low so I had to stop and check it. It looked ok but I asked the dealer when I arrived to have a look also. He took a quick look and send it was the sensor was most probably faulty. He offered to fix that also so when I came back to him after 4 hours he had installed a new PTI (interestingly it shows up as "Ford" on my phone whereas the old one said "Land Rover") which works perfectly and he had also installed a new coolant tank (& sensor) at no charge. RRS TDV6 (gone)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #107877 Wed May 09 2007 4:54pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Coolant tank is a well know problem. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #107885 Wed May 09 2007 5:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1