RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Argyll Forest Drives with offroading sections - 26/27 May
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Argyll Forest Drives with offroading sections - 26/27 May

There is more offroading planned in the west of Scotland if anybody is interested on the weekend of 26/27 May. If you fancy joining in but don't want to risk damage to your shiney RRS on the real off road stages then I have 1 comfy seat in the front of my Def and a couple of very uncomfy seats in the back if anybody wants to ride shotgun!
Accommodation is available in everything from a tent/caravan in the forest through organised campsites, B&B's and hotels. Here is where I usually stay which is only 3 miles from the start http://www.thelochgairhotel.com/

Anybody with a 4x4 of any sort is welcome to come along - £25 for a single day, £35 if you do both days and the proceeds go to the local children's hospice. The scenery is stunning, the driving is fun and can be testing, your 4x4 WILL get scratched by the trees on some of the section, be under no illusions - this is far better than any pay and play, this is serious stuff on forest trails that hardly ever get used and may require a bit of recce'ing first! It's ideal Defender country and you will need All Terrain or more aggressive types of tyres if you intend to drive the special sections. Cars travel in groups, dependant on shininess/experience and if necessary recovery is provided (that is half of the fun of the weekend watching people playing with their nice new winches!) Cars should be properly equipped for making recoveries or being recovered in the event of a soft landing in a peat bog!

If anybody wants to come as a passenger in my 90 then please pm me - I will be travelling to the location early on the Friday 25th so if anyone wants to fly up to Scotland on easyJet to Glasgow then I can collect and accommodate on the Thursday evening, and taken back to Glasgow late on Sunday evening............. however you can just make your own way too if you want! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #105249 Thu Apr 26 2007 4:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

OK guys, somebody has booked the front pax seat for Sunday! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #105642 Sat Apr 28 2007 12:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1