Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > suicidal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
suicidal

I am gutted

My dealer has sold my car and registered it to someone else.

I purchased a build slot off a third party who told the dealer to change all the details to mine, which they did, I have all the paperwork for the order from the dealer and they have comfirmed everything was ok for delivery, now while the salesman was on holiday the car came in and they rung the original gagege owner that the car was ready to be paid for and delivered, he persumed it had all fallen through and just paid for the car and took delivery to sell it on

does anyone know where i stand as the dealer is now starting to dick me around and avoiding my calls, also they are 300miles away from me so i can not pop in, they say they may be able to find me a car but only if someone cancels.

any help would be good 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #1026 Tue Jul 19 2005 9:47am
Biggles

England 

NeilR,

What a catastrophe, Surely the dealer can sort this out it does sound like they have made a major mistake and they should be duty bound considering all the problems you had with your D3.
Sadly in my experience the dealers are very uncooperative when it comes to problems but stand firm they should not be allowed to mess the customer around like this.
Ask them to check on the national vehicle locator to see whats available. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1028 Tue Jul 19 2005 11:16am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Wow, I feel ever so sorry for you, that would make me want to stab someone.

I am not sure exactly where you stand, but I would recommend calling the DTi consumer line or something similar. I looked on the DTi website and whittled down to this page with various links for help, hope it is of some help for you, keep us posted

http://www.oft.gov.uk/Consumer/Your+Rights...+wrong.htm L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1030 Tue Jul 19 2005 12:07pm
Widdle

United Kingdom 

It may be worth speaking to Usman at Stratstones in Berkeley St London, they have a couple of diesel HSE RRS arriving next month on spec, one black one silver I think.

Hope you get something sorted to your satisfaction.

Post #1032 Tue Jul 19 2005 12:42pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear about that Neil, it must be terrible Sad

The dealer should be doing all they can to get you another vehicle, as it's their fault, the original 'owner' of the slot shouldn't have appeared on their system at all. Unfortunate that he didn't think to get in touch with you, but the dealer has been negligent.

Kick up a big fuss. Remember the dealer might be closer to one of us so we might be able to go and gently negotiate for you Wink Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1039 Tue Jul 19 2005 3:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
poffer

United Kingdom 

Neil,

Sorry to hear about your woes.

I wonder if it could be worth your while trying a few dealers at random? I say that because I had a very odd experience. I had ordered a RRS TDv6 SE for delivery in Sept. from my local dealer, but really wanted an S (which I was told was not due until end of 2005). I cancelled the SE and went to another nearby dealer to look at a 2nd hand Disco 3. Lo and behold, the dealer had a RRS TDv6 S that he had just registered for a demo and he offered it to me for sale. Needless to say, I bought it and picked it up a week later. Not only that, but they sold it for less than list+extras.

He also had just taken delivery of an Arctic frost RRS TDv6 HSE that the customer had ordered with a sunroof, but had arrived without. He was expecting customer to refuse it and re-order, so was going to use that as a demo (this was early June, so I expect that one's gone).

Worth a try.

cheers

Peter
p.s. I live in the SE of England. Dealers in major towns seem to have sold all their allocations, dealers in country locations do not seem to have such high demand.

Post #1053 Wed Jul 20 2005 11:58am
NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Hi All

Thanks for the kind words

Good news I should have the car tomorrow preregistered but at the right price. Better than losing everything, if it comes I will post pictures up for you

Thanks Again

Neil 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #1054 Wed Jul 20 2005 12:52pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Hurray Very HappyVery Happy Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1055 Wed Jul 20 2005 12:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Good news,
Get her out on the road and give us your impressions.

Stuart, Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1056 Wed Jul 20 2005 1:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1