RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New RRS S/C Woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

CO/AZ

United States 
New RRS S/C Woes

Took delivery the 11 of Jan. 06 of my new Black/Black RRS S/C in Denver and had a wonderful drive up to my CO in Keystone. Put 320 miles on the car the next two days with everything working perfectly. This morning while driving back to Keystone on Hwy 6 the beast just quit and would not run. I was lucky to get it over to the side of the road, power steering and brakes don't work when the engine quits. Went through several sequences of trying to start to no avail. Called RR roadside assistance and it is now on its way back to Denver. Have no idea what the problem is and neither did the dealer, until they get it back. Maybe it was because its Friday the 13th? Mad

Post #10372 Sat Jan 14 2006 12:37am
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

I bet you'll find this to be some relatively simple electronic 'gremlin', such as a connector not tightly joined together during construction. I have 1800 trouble free miles so far on my S/C. Let us know what you find.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #10384 Sat Jan 14 2006 4:17pm
CO/AZ

United States 

It arrived at the Land Rover Dealer in Denver South at 3 pm. They put some mechanics on it immediately and determined that the fuel pump had failed. Knowing of my extreme displeasure with the "event" on a new car, they pulled a fuel tank and pump from a new RRS in stock and installed it in mine, because I needed to get back to Tucson on Saturday the 14th.

I went to a dinner party in Breckenridge Friday evening and they called around 7 pm and said it was fixed and had the car delivered to my home in Keystone at 9 pm that same evening. I can't say enought about how the dealership responded to a really bad event, they pulled it out of the hat.

I just completed a 12 1/2 hour 800 mile drive to Tucson, 16.8 mpg, with absolutely no problems, the car is fantastic. I did change out the Conti Sport summer tires to a 275/40-20 Hankook all season and to be honest the Hankooks rode better and got excellent snow traction in the mountains of Colorado.

Hopefully, my problem is behind me and I can look forward to many more rewarding miles!!!!

Post #10401 Sun Jan 15 2006 5:53am
abrooker

Hong Kong 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

I bought my car almost 2 months ago and asked if there were any recalls. they told me about the fuel tank problem and showed me the paperwork showing my car had the new tank fitted. it's a well known problem and all dealers had been instructed about it ages ago apparantly. 2005 RRS SC 1st Edition Vesuvius Orange

Post #10404 Sun Jan 15 2006 8:43am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

CO/AZ - glad your problem is solved and you're happy. Smile Let's hope they don't forget about fixing that other RRS which they took the pump from. Shocked 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #10406 Sun Jan 15 2006 10:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1