RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Problem in starting up the engine in cool condition
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

G4LAND

Spain 

simonsi wrote:
Octane wouldn't be my worry, contamination with water etc would be my main concern. Certainly in Saudi much of the petrol there could be contaminated at the filling station due to inadequate rainwater runoff capacity.... Shocked

Water: it is a problem; they reduce fuel with water at the stations!!!!! Twisted Evil Yuri
(ARS) XE1UN

13 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE SDV6
Orkney Grey/Black
(Spain)

07 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE TDV8
JavaBlack/Black
(SOLD)

05 DISCOVERY 3 G4 V8
(Spain)

02 DEFENDER 90 BLACK LE TD5
(SOLD)

13 FREELANDER 2 (LR2) HSE Lux SI4
Havana/Black
(Mexico)

Post #98451 Thu Mar 29 2007 2:24pm
RRS=CHINA

China 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

Thanks, Shmoogle!!!! As you said, I may need to contact the LR UK customer service to find out where is the problem from & what is the solution.

This morning, the dealer told me that the LR UK suggest to reduce the fuel injector from twelve to six because of the fuel quality in China. According to the technican in China, this cause less sensitive to the computer engine controller but will cause power lose too. If it is true then it is not worth for LR to sell the supercharges engine in China. CRAZY SUGGESTION!!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Post #98703 Fri Mar 30 2007 6:14am
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Can't understand 6 (or 12) injectors, surely as a V8 it has, well 8???

Confused Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #98704 Fri Mar 30 2007 6:59am
RRS=CHINA

China 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

Finially, I got back my Sport yesterday, the dealer's claim they have replaced all the fuel injectors & the fuel filter. The ignition seems better than before but not as good as the first running. Exclamation Exclamation Also, it is suprise that the fuel consumption is dropped down by 20%, it is around 14.50L/KM in city. (Past is 18.00L/LM) Question Question Question

Post #99981 Tue Apr 03 2007 5:48am
Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi RRS
We have our own company in China and as you say it is normally fuel contamination.
The dealers also need to drain the tank because the water will seperate here and come back to cause the same problem
The bad starting is normally down to the injector spray patterns, because being a V engine the spray pattern is critical to atomise the fuel, this is always more important obviously on a cold engine.
If they do not drain the tank you will be needing another fuel filter and a set of injectors before long and the tank cleaned out at the same time.
Good luck. Thumbs Up You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #99999 Tue Apr 03 2007 8:33am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

simonsi wrote:
Certainly in Saudi much of the petrol there could be contaminated at the filling station due to inadequate rainwater runoff capacity.... Shocked

I think somebody in Saudi was really grasping at straws if they offered this up as an excuse for poor performance.
I was in Jeddah when it rained last time - about 12 years ago - and yes I would agree that the amount of rain that fell in a couple of hours caused utter devastation but it's not an excuse I would accept in Saudi! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #100031 Tue Apr 03 2007 9:22am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12